Development: True2Life Racing DTM Classics (1990-1992)

There's probably some valuable data on the cars contained in this video. I just wish I spoke german right now or at least could catch the numbers, still there's a very good view of the e30's motec display at the end.

Audi:
- more weight 50kg -> new greater brakes -> newly balanced with lead weights at the axis constructions and the rear diff
- engine: V8, 470 PS

Mercedes:
- 370 PS, 2.5ccm (at season begin), 4 cylinder
- steering and braking servo supported -> driving pleasure (results in the grinning Asch :D)

BMW:
- ~370 PS, 2.5ccm, 4 cylinder
- new rollcage gives new stiffness
- driver can change stabilizers while driving
- cockpit from carbon fibre

about the motec he didn't say anything we don't allready know :D
hopefully this information can help ;)

i don´t think there will be much modifikations because the cars are tested hours and hours in gtr2 and fit perfectly together.
And GTr2 and Race 07 physiks are neraly the same i think

Under testing, the Audi has overall advantage... One thing I have looked at is the inertia values, as the GTR2 cars used the same values on different weighted cars which breaks the laws of physics :) This adjustments that I'm making really only add to the feeling of difference between the cars, I'm not making massive changes here... But from one car to another with 50-80kg difference in weight does effect the inertia as you would imagine :)

Again, I don't see why there should be much changed, but as with the GTR2 SimBin car content to Race07 conversion proved, the car physics was unchanged and the cars were too easy to drive and didn't feel the same as in GTR2

DTM_Classics4.jpg

just uploaded a new build for the testers.... let me know if I missed someone in my PM's and didn't get the new D/L link...

Others that wish to test, let me know. But, testers must have real names on RD please.

:work: Released a new build for the testers a day or two ago.
Since then, have done some more on the cars, including the adjusted fuel consumption, a test build tyre physics with a new slip curve, new default car setup thanks to Ross McGregor (this is just the default setup, not the car physics), front bumpstop adjustments as this wasn't performing as in the GTR2 build, and a few other things...

:work: Reworking the 1992 E30 external view cockpit to include the MoTeC display and carbon fibre dash backing
:work: Slight adjustments to visual ride heights on all models
:work: Adjustments to rev limiter light activation

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes