Derek Speare Designs | Official support Thread

Ladies and gentlemen...
i present to you the Derek Speare Designs Pedal Set - Dubai Edition :)

Black Chrome, Chrome and some polished copper.

Upvote 0
Just an easy question.
The brake fluid reservoir... If you were to invert the pedals and accidentally hit the twist off cap, all the fluid would drain out onto your floor. I don't know if it's a closed off cylinder or not. Theoretically if it was a twist off cap you could change the fluid amount if you wanted a bit more/less pressure buildup. Also, brake fluid works better at different temperature than than room temp. Is the idea to use different fluid that does not need as high temp to allow proper buildup. Just thinking out of the box for you...
Otherwise, I'd still like a 2 pedal version shipped to my house ;)

Upvote 0
Interesting thought there Gary, but I have never heard that brake fluid had to reach a specific temperature to work properly, at least not in real cars. For a brake system like sim racing, it might be the case but I have no clue on that.

The reason brake fluid is used in cars is because it was designed to have no compressible properties like water or other fluids have, and the brake fluid does not expand under heat like other fluids do. These properties remain the same regardless of temperature. Put simply, when you step on your brake pedal with a properly setup brake system with no air in the lines, it will be like stepping on a rod connected directly to the brakes. Vegetable oil will be very similar, though there are things about vegetable oil that make it less than desirable such as expansion under heat, heheh.

Upvote 0
It´s when you talk about running on track. Regular brake fluid i believe can boil so you need a different type of fluid for racing, one that is designed for much higher temps.

I´m not sure but i think you have to flip the reservoir upside down, otherwise it won´t work.
I believe gravity plays a part in the system, maybe Derek can clear things up.

Upvote 0
Hello folks - if the pedal set would be inverted, there would be a different reservoir for the fluid. Hampus took some creative license with the inverted assembly. An inverted assembly would have a remotely attached reservoir and would not be upside down.

NB - If I don't say it then it's not something I said ;)

d

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back