deleted objects and dds file still showin up when exported

title says it all any idea how i can get the dds files not to show up when exporting from BTB Pro when the object has been deleted.

Thanks a ton

Delete the HAT file > \Userdata\Log\trackname.hat

rFactor Rebuild Collision Mesh setting

rFactor has a precalculated mesh used for collisions. For most people this is calculated the first time they load a track. rFacotr has some mechanism that decides when to rebuild the mesh. In most cases this works fine, but sometimes it decides not to rebuild the collision mesh even though an important change has been made. As a \\"track developer\\" you will need to make a change to your PLR file.
Using a text editor such as notepad, edit the file C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\[YOUR_RFACTOR_NAME]\[YOUR_RFACTOR_NAME].PLR , where [YOUR_RFACTOR_NAME] is the name of your account in rFactor.
Change the following line so that it is 1 instead of 0.

Always Rebuild HAT=\\"1\\" // Build HAT database everytime tracks are loaded (for development purposes)

[ED] It's a good idea to have 2 installs of rFactor, one for playing and one for development. Set the dev one with always rebuild hat on, you don't want to always rebuild hat in normal playing because it extends loading time a lot, especially for big tracks.

Delete the HAT file > \Userdata\Log\trackname.hat

[ED] It's a good idea to have 2 installs of rFactor, one for playing and one for development. Set the dev one with always rebuild hat on, you don't want to always rebuild hat in normal playing because it extends loading time a lot, especially for big tracks.

Thank you for that brilliant piece of information :thumbup:

thanks for the info, but i think i said it wrong, the objects dont show up in the game, what is goin on is i got some xpacks with some poorly named objects and i drag em to my track surface look at em and if i dont want to use it i hit delete on keyboard but when i xport from btb the textures to the objects i didnt wanna use are showing up along with the textures to objects I am using.

hope that makes sense

Hi DMC I had a similar problem a little while ago ( this is still my first track im working on so ive encountered all sorts) yeah sometimes if you laod an object add it then remove it , it still exports all the textures for it even tho the object isnt used in the track anymore. what i found worked was. Before exporting the track. save it again, just before you export it. then either go file / New project, then just reload your project again or close BTB. as far as i can tell its just holding some of the objects/ textures in memory for a while. So closing the track and reopening it seems to work. then once its reloaded hit export and it should be ok.. i had it when trying different textures for a wall it decided to export all the textures i had tried rather than the one i actually settled on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back