Definately not the worst online game I have ever played.

OK I have been messing around with this game for almost a week & it's definitely not the worst online game I have ever played. But it will be one of the most expensive Pay as you Play online racing games by the time it is finished.

The game may be nothing to download but that is pretty much what it comes with too. There is virtually next to nothing bundled with it & the cars & tracks that you want & need are about $4- $5 bucks each. It doesn't take long to rack up a huge bill & you never really get to physically own the game. You just rent/lease it from SimBin & for this reason I feel that it is way too expensive. Actually a game like this will never finally be finished will it? There will be always something you need to buy!

Also, all of your game purchases (tracks,cars,accessories) have to be made through the STEAM Wallet process using PAYPAL or similar. And I don't know about you guys, but it has always been a gamble for me dealing with STEAM. I have never had much luck with Steam & money & there have been glitches this time too.
Then when something EVENTUALLY does go wrong (without Fail) your on your own waiting Steam Support with a
minimum of 8 to 10 days turn-around wait for their first reply. Then after you reply to their first reply it's another 8 to 10 days until they get back to you, & so on & so on. Steam Support is so bad that it is a Joke (as long as you don't need it that is).

IMO the game is great physically (driving physics that is) but the prices need to be dropped.

My only other real issue (& this is a personal gripe) is with the game content.
OK,,so they released an Australian track & that's great news to have someone actually even bother to think of Australia when it come to car racing games for a change. Usually Game makers don't rate Australian Motorsport enough to even bother. Add to that the relatively small population & if they don't see $$ signs then we get nothing in the way of Australian content down here. We generally just have to make do with what the rest of the world likes..

But even so, there is still a problem,,, there is No Australian content to go with the Bathurst track,, where's the Aussie V8's?
You European & American guys love your Bimmers, Mercs & Corvette race cars etc. & would kick up a fuss if you only had Aussie cars to play with.
We feel the same way having to drive only American & European cars. How hard would it have been to release at least one Aussie car with the Bathurst track? It's like giving a Kid a new Pushbike for Christmas but then taking off the wheels.

Also, the game graphics look good too, (except for the in-game menus which are clunky at best) but who came up with the almost invisible white writing on the Big Green Button idea? That Sucks
I must admit it is fun & because of it's great physics it is very addictive but it does get boring real fast racing NO-ONE but the clock & your ghost after a while.

I like the physics of this sim, also nice quality models!

(Everything runs like a dream on my GTX 680-i7)

I am ok with the sale-car /tracks policies.

The only drawback is that you have to buy all the tracks if you want to race the GT3/x championship.

The AI is only using the cars that you have bought. Thus with one car in your inventory AI is racing all over the place with that same car! As a result I bought all the GT3 cars.

There is one strange thing: The license is ready for the Nissan, the folders in the game are ready (Nissan models and liveries are there and even the trailer shows the Nissan)

But, the Nissan is missing in the Store and the game?

Another drawback is that everyone can see how much time you have spend, even with your real name on it!

images

I do like playing MP but I spend most of my time playing with the AI. And with this adaptive AI it had me sold. So the plan was to buy all tracks and buy one car from each series, so I can run championships. But if the AI is only running the cars that I bought, that means I need to buy all cars. Looking at the in game menu and counting all the tracks to come out and cars(empty spaces) Over a short time I'm looking at spending somewhere around $400 CAD(rough estimate), probably alot more. And that is just for tracks and cars.:speechless: This is exactly the reason why I never got involved with IRacing. Over time you end up spending a small fortune just to play a game. :unsure: :cautious:

It has been said that we won't have to own all cars for them to be in races but, that is not currently the case. We'll have to wait and see - everything else is just speculation at this point.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back