Dedicated server install on PC

Hi just trying to install the dedicated server gui on pc. I've installed it through steam tools and when i launch it it brings up a Dos/cmd window instead of launching the gui program...anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Is there an actual gui? Its all done through .ini files isnt it? If you didnt download the addon/mod here called something like "dedicated server ui" i think. Correct me if im wrong

Last edited:
Thats the one i went to first but it says in the readme that you get the dedicated server thing through steam tools now. So i did that but when i launch it it comes up with the dos screen saying waiting for drivers?

That is because your server is running from the text or ini files found in ACC Server folder, edit those to change tracks and weather and so on. Or install the ui mod. What it says is that it changed from being under "games" to being under "tools" on Steam.

Is there a tutorial video anyone knows of for this for Competitione? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. At this point i have the game and the dedicated server installed on steam...what do i do from here to play with friends?

You can all join the same server from the server browser or download https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-dedicated-server-gui.32034/ and put the .exe in Assetto Corsa Competizione Dedicated Server\server folder. Run the .exe and configure your server with a name and password if you want. Then press start server and you should be able to join your own server. Idk about ports and stuff though, they might have to be forwarded, and i suck at that so i cant help there

Yeh i did that but when i launch the .exe i get an error message saying, file 'accserver.exe' not found. please make sure you installed this program to your assetto corsa competizione dedicated server/server folder. :cry::cry:

Did you put the .exe in the right folder? I just tried it to make sure, and it worked for me.
Untitled.png

The main game also has the server folder but that is not where the files should go
Untitled1.png

The second image shows where the .exe shouldnt be.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea