Daytona 500 Crash :(

Just a small thing, it's not the Daytona 500, that's tomorrow.

Anyhow, reports saying 30 fans treated, 5 of them for "non-trauma" (heat etc.). 2 critical when arriving, one of them a minor, and one life-threatning (not the minor). Now the 12 injured at Halifax medical (where the two critically injured was taken) are stable.

i hope the fans hurt recover but this type of pointless wrecking just to win is getting beyond the joke now, and how the drivers dont get any form of punishment for it is beyond me

Also if this is just for the 300 crown then what on earth are the driving standards gonna be like towards the end of the 500?

As long as NASCAR provides rules that keep the cars bunched up throughout the race, this will continue to happen. Can't let anyone have an advantage ya know, the crowds might disappear without a close finish, bla, bla bla.

i think that the problem is that a some of NASCAR fans follow the races not by the race itself but by the crashes like this ones, and if they don't make rules that make the cars run all bunched up they will be bored and won't watch the races.

As long as NASCAR provides rules that keep the cars bunched up throughout the race, this will continue to happen. Can't let anyone have an advantage ya know, the crowds might disappear without a close finish, bla, bla bla.
I might be wrong but I always thought NASCAR is all about pack racing. Then again, it might be boring to watch cars race in ovals, one by one. ;)

In the 60's, 70's, there was much more latitude as to what teams could do and cars were strung out, only bunched up at cautions and then spread out again. It was common, even then for there to be a crash near the end that might bring everyone together for a dash. The latest France empire figured that TV would go bigtime if they could create the big mass of cars for "better" racing.

You're right, todays NASCAR racing is all about the pack.

Reactions: Tom
I never figured what's good about NASCAR anyway. The road circuits, yes. The ovals? No clue. Each to his own I guess. :)

They could change the track to more resemble the original Daytona Beach track, 2 giant straights and flat 180 turns on either end, Or run the road course. Nascar with more road courses in place of the superspeedways and the dull ovals would be interesting to me

The old races were, I think, dull as are the new ones. Roadracing just doesn't seem to be in the hearts and minds of people here in the US. I guess we're just the weird ones.
Well, ALMS is pretty nice. But it doesn't seem to attract lots of spectators.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back