Daytona 24 Hour Discussion Thread

Sorry, bad choice of expression! I didn't mean it literally sounds like nails on a chalkboard, I meant that as an expression for how irritating I find that sound :D

Yep, heard the confirmation on the stream that it's the gearbox. Thumbs up to those that called it earlier in this thread! I just looked up the Mega-Line gearbox they mentioned and you can find some interesting information on the system on their website.

ah i see, misinterpret that.

about the compressor noise: ford gt isnt the only car that has it, btw, also the audi and lambo gt3 cars have a very noticeable compressor sound on downshifts, just like the ford.

weird noise though.. seems so out of place

• Deleted member 387850

Yes, the first time I remember hearing it was in Raceroom using the Porsche 911 GT3 R and the GT3 Cup. If you sit in pit lane and shift up through the gearbox and back down you'll hear it, which I suppose confirms the connection to the gearbox. This race is the first time I've heard it so clearly in real life, and as you say if you swap to the Audi onboard stream you'll hear it as well.

anyone knows what happened to Penske car #6? Last time I was watching the stream it was leading... now its 25 laps down?

I know car #7 hit someone on the track... I guess Castroneves screwed up. ;)

61FXvkQ.jpg

Is James May driving and took the wrong turn somewhere? :whistling:

Can you post any links you have to other discussions of the GT40 and Audi gearbox compressor/pump noises please? I can't find anything very informative. I'm wondering why it's needed and exactly which conditions trigger it.

17 hours in and looks like a good pace to break the record.
114.794 MPH Average (1982)
2,760.86 miles

574 laps @ 17 hours = 33.764 laps per hour X 24 Hours = 810 laps X 3.56 miles per lap = 2883.6 miles

Unfortunate start to the season for the new partnership of Joest and Mazda, hope they get it together for Sebring

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%