Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) BMW M3 E30 Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give the BMW E30 Drift a basic drift setup? So changing the toe and so to give it easier oversteer. Compared to the kunos one it is harder to control. Of course easier doesn't mean more realistic or the other way around, I'm just curious

Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) BMW M3 E30 Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

Geometry, tires, brakes, misc

08.07.2020 Version 1.9

- Removed 325i E30; if I update will probably be in a separate mod
- Removed 325is E30; if I update will probably be in a separate mod
- Redone rear suspension geometries
- Changed rear bumpstop
- Added brake proportioning valve effect via EBB, thanks to @baker7498
- Differentiated DX and DY load curves in tires
- Tire changes
- Reverted trail changes; too subjective currently and likely more wrong than without
- Fixed typo in SV80 heating
- Changed massive...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ouhh...an update to the E30. Shall test drive that at once :). I'll also throw my painstakingly assembled setup at it that I tweaked with a guy who raced one on the Nordschleife for the Kunos stock car. That should be interesting.

@Wilco88
Perhaps you fixed your issue and had the sense to delete a rated review before even trying the mod. Either way here's my reply to your review.

There's nothing to fix regarding the errors. You open the data.acd while it's embedded into the proper car folder name as it was packed with. It's the same for all data.acd's. They come out garbled otherwise. The folder names are provided in the installation instructions.

You probably didn't install it correctly if you're getting CM errors, or the directory got corrupted. Try another unzipper like 7zip or Winrar.

You're not gonna find anything to "fix" but you're free to share any data in the support thread if you think something is incorrect or missing and I'll take a look at it.

@Wilco88
Perhaps you fixed your issue and had the sense to delete a rated review before even trying the mod. Either way here's my reply to your review.

There's nothing to fix regarding the errors. You open the data.acd while it's embedded into the proper car folder name as it was packed with. It's the same for all data.acd's. They come out garbled otherwise. The folder names are provided in the installation instructions.

You probably didn't install it correctly if you're getting CM errors, or the directory got corrupted. Try another unzipper like 7zip or Winrar.

You're not gonna find anything to "fix" but you're free to share any data in the support thread if you think something is incorrect or missing and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for your reply, I deleted it because my data was indeed corrupted in some way. I actually like the mod, but I think the forcefeedback is a bit on the hard side (had to turn it down). You did awesome work sir!

The "fix" part is about taste, I sometimes make a version of the car with a more arcade feel or just a bit more grip to get full enjoyment at the cost of realism.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm the only one who feel the FFB being too strong but here is the settings I'm currently using...

arch_bmw_m3_e30_1986 : FFMULT=3.6
arch_bmw_m3_e30_1992_dtm : FFMULT=3.1
arch_bmw_m3_e30_evo3_1990 : FFMULT=3.8
arch_bmw_m3_e30_evo3_1990_drift : FFMULT=2.3
arch_bmw_m3_e30_evo3_1990_s1 : FFMULT=3.3
arch_bmw_m3_e30_evo3_1990_s2 : FFMULT=3.2

Excellent mod, btw.

3.700 is the default, and the stock cars average out to that, so...

DTM car has no PS, so I raised it a bit. Of course it's based on my Logitech wheel, so adjust to whatever you want on your end.

3.700 is the default, and the stock cars average out to that, so...

DTM car has no PS, so I raised it a bit. Of course it's based on my Logitech wheel, so adjust to whatever you want on your end.

That's what I've done ;)

On another side, don't you think the "1990 s2" could replace the kuno's "Gr.A" ?

That's what I've done ;)

On another side, don't you think the "1990 s2" could replace the kuno's "Gr.A" ?
You can put whatever visuals you want on the cars. Officially, the DTM car is the replacement for the...DTM car. I never made a Gr.A spec car, there was more data for the DTM cars and they differ more from the stock car.

S2 is definitely not a racecar-level car. Also a good chance I will simply remove additional versions except the Sport Evo and DTM car for future updates, at least for the near future, if I ever update the E30. It's too much dev work right now to keep them all up to date.

You can put whatever visuals you want on the cars. Officially, the DTM car is the replacement for the...DTM car. I never made a Gr.A spec car, there was more data for the DTM cars and they differ more from the stock car.

S2 is definitely not a racecar-level car. Also a good chance I will simply remove additional versions except the Sport Evo and DTM car for future updates, at least for the near future, if I ever update the E30. It's too much dev work right now to keep them all up to date.

I don't see any reason to remove the additional versions since you already done them and they're pretty good.

You also don't need to maintain all of those and keep updating all of the tires etc. every time anything new is found. :roflmao:

Since AC is no more updated (apart the CSP stuff) and once you're satisfied with what you've done, there's no more need to update your mods. But I may miss something...

Since AC is no more updated (apart the CSP stuff) and once you're satisfied with what you've done, there's no more need to update your mods. But I may miss something...
I'm never going to be satisfied with anything I've done, so the other reason to not update anymore would be when there is no more improvements to be made. We're not yet at that point. Haven't even pushed the vanilla AC engine to the absolute max correlation it can deliver.

I'm never going to be satisfied with anything I've done, so the other reason to not update anymore would be when there is no more improvements to be made. We're not yet at that point. Haven't even pushed the vanilla AC engine to the absolute max correlation it can deliver.

Right.
Who could predict how far it can go ?

Right.
Who could predict how far it can go ?
We're somewhat close right now internally. A lot of big advancements in general tire knowledge which are making pieces fall in place. Now CSP features are necessary to really get more correlation in physics.

However with that said, I'm sure there'll still be a reason to update the cars once in a while, when a data snippet is uncovered, or some previous unknowns in tires become more known. I'm not going to implement CSP physics into any of these replacements (At least not in the conceivable future) so they do have a realistic upper-ceiling. Vanilla is somewhat limited compared to CSP.

Hi.

Some days ago, i tryed lights-patch-v0.1.63-preview47-full from ilja Jusupon aka x4fab. The RainFX are trully awesome but i cannot understand why at the kunos default car the wipers working, cleaning the water from the glass just fine, and in the modified version wipers works, but they don't clear the water.

Any idias?

Solution found.

I copied from the original .ini file located in assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\bmw_m3_e30.ini all the parts, from [WIPERS_TRACE_...] to the last [BENDING_WIPER_...] and paste these lines to the end of the mod .ini file located in assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\mods\arch\arch_bmw_m3_e30_1986.ini . I did the same thing for the other models and now it works like a charm....!

Last edited:
Kyuubeey updated (DATA REPLACEMENT) BMW M3 E30 Improved Physics by Arch with a new update entry:

CSP features, geometries, tires, engines

06.04.2021 Version 2.0

- CSP version 0.1.68+ required, 0.1.73+ recommended
- Removed S-versions to ease development
- Removed DTM car; separate mod now
- Changed arch_bmw_m3_e30_evo3_1990_drift to arch_bmw_m3_e30_1986_drift
- New CSP Extended Physics heating for tires
- New CSP Extended Physics tire features for slip, self aligning torque, camber etc.
- New CSP Extended Physics suspension features
- New logic for tire load curves, combined grip
- New more accurate front strut geometry...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm looking forward to this new separate version! :thumbsup:
I've got so much data for it nowadays that it's a massive PITA to keep maintained parallel with the roadcars. I'd rather also keep some stuff just simply separate in the inis so I don't have to even think about updating them in the roadcars and vice versa.

It'll come, just a bit later. Still need to implement some things. I decided to split them instead of delaying the roadcars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back