DashMeterPRO (supported titles)

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Golanv, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Golanv

Golanv

Ratings:
    +13
    I have had this for rF2, RBR (and Assetto Corsa) for few years now, but I just can't seem to get it to work with Dirt Rally and Automobilista.
    I did read on these forums about as much as I could find about this topic, but still there remains a mystery of why the app says everything is OK, but still when entering the game, nothing works.

I would like to make a comprehensive list, how to get it to function with the current titles.
    The http://sensadigit.com/ guides do not always work, and are lacking potential titles that I know some people have managed to get DMPro to work with (based on tube videos).

If anybody have a list of things to do for any title in the DMPro list of sims, or others that are not directly supported (isimotor/codemaster sims mainly) or any other suggestions how to get it to operate, it would be greatly appreciated.?

2. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +643
    Answering to pm here as requested.

How I got dmpro to work in AMS? Sorry for the anticlimax but I just copied dashmeterplugin.dll and preference.ini from SCE's plugin folder to AMS' one. Afaik there's no need to edit .plr or anything to get it work, I know I've never done so.

Could it be firewall preventing it to work in AMS for you @Golanv ? I've never need to make any firewall rules for dmpro tho.

3. mkel1966

mkel1966

Ratings:
    +25
    After unzipping, I just dumped everything in the plugins folder of AMS and I'm good to go. Check your preferences, your IP address could be set to "false".

4. Golanv

Golanv

Ratings:
    +13
    Thats exactly what I did, with and without the dmpro folder. I haven't needed to mess with firewall or .plr edit either before. I guess I just have to check everything methodicly, and eventually it'll work.

Thanks.

5. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +261
    Does the same version works with rFactor 2 and AMS as they are Isi games? Don't want to spend twice in the same app if it works in both! Thanks!

6. Golanv

Golanv

Ratings:
    +13
    Yes. Even if the app doesn't say that in the name, the support goes as follows per app:
    1. rF1, rF2, AMS(GSC2013 officially)
    2. AC, pCars
    3. RBR, Dirt Rally, CM F1 201x, Grid
    4. GTRx, Race07, R3E

I finally got the damn thing to work in AMS. I have mine setup through USB cable/tethering, so changing metrics wasn't the way to go, it was changing binding order from network connections.

Still can't get Dirt Rally to work. "DashMeterCom communication OK", but ingame... *crickets*.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    • Beer Beer x 1