AC Dallara F317 @ Mugello - Wednesday June 12 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Keith_G :D:D:D
6969091324_9b42997efc_o.jpg

these cars are pretty easy to drive, and you can learn alot from them. We will probably keep these in the monthly rotation for a while. Chase your ghost in hotlap mode and I promise you will start to have more pace
Indeed! I find them VERY intriguing and much easier to control than an F1/IndyCar level open-wheeler. Yes, chasing your ghost around DOES help. I found that with practice, I can keep more on throttle than on brake.

Oh @Bobby Pennington you are a clever one! I will be there in spirit watching:sneaky: you but unfortunately have to go to a family dinner on Wednesday!! They always schedule "Everything" on Wed:thumbsdown: Of course it is her actual birthday so I can't really assume it is a conspiracy:ninja: I will join you guys next week I'm sure, but this week would get me in big poo poo:poop: if I decided to stay home! Will miss you guys but look forward to next time. Have a great race - Keith

Oh @Bobby Pennington you are a clever one! I will be there in spirit watching:sneaky: you but unfortunately have to go to a family dinner on Wednesday!! They always schedule "Everything" on Wed:thumbsdown: Of course it is her actual birthday so I can't really assume it is a conspiracy:ninja: I will join you guys next week I'm sure, but this week would get me in big poo poo:poop: if I decided to stay home! Will miss you guys but look forward to next time. Have a great race - Keith
Wise man my friend. We get to do so much and they let us be boys. Have fun and hopefully I'll see you next week. I'll keep an eye on that sneaky Irish American @DingoStarr and nudge him into the kitty litter when he trys to lap me:D

Sorry I won't be there for this one! These cars are great to drive and Mugello is such a nice flowing track. Enjoy and be nice to each other:sneaky:

Hope you guys had fun last night! I meant to ask earlier, did anyone else have issues with tire temps/pressures with this car? I only got to practice a little bit with it, but I was really struggling with tire overheating/high pressures on any setup I tried, or at least it appeared that way in the ProTyres app. I downloaded and tried Scott's setup, and it really felt fine, but the temps were going full red at times.

Hope you guys had fun last night! I meant to ask earlier, did anyone else have issues with tire temps/pressures with this car? I only got to practice a little bit with it, but I was really struggling with tire overheating/high pressures on any setup I tried, or at least it appeared that way in the ProTyres app. I downloaded and tried Scott's setup, and it really felt fine, but the temps were going full red at times.
For whatever reason, these cars always show a little heat issue with proTyres app. Mine were mainly a surface temp ( the top of the tire will show heat across it instead of the entire carcass) so it's not that big of a deal. You'll run into some mods that always show tire temp issues. Has something to do with the tire model they use. The regular Kunos tire app will always show them as ok, but I like proTyres app because I can look at the life of the tire and it's grip windows at different amount of laps. Really useful when you run races over an hour long.

For whatever reason, these cars always show a little heat issue with proTyres app. Mine were mainly a surface temp ( the top of the tire will show heat across it instead of the entire carcass) so it's not that big of a deal. You'll run into some mods that always show tire temp issues. Has something to do with the tire model they use. The regular Kunos tire app will always show them as ok, but I like proTyres app because I can look at the life of the tire and it's grip windows at different amount of laps. Really useful when you run races over an hour long.

Ok full disclosure, I'm not sure I fully understand what all the various colored boxes are telling me in the proTyres app. I was about to post a screenshot to see if I could get some help, but I see now it is really all explained on the download page for the app. Now I just need to start paying more attention to see how the tire temps (core vs. surface for instance) work together. There is a lot to learn!

I know some of the theory of tire temps across the surface from my real life experience, but I actually haven't really had much luck in sims using camber to adjust the inside-to-outside temps like I would on a real car. I suspect it's just something I'm misunderstanding.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%