d3d8.dll & d3d9.dll HELP

Hey Everyone.

I was playing around with a triple screen set-up today, but it is not my permanent set-up. When installing the SoftTH files into the rFactor folder, instead of renaming the original d3d8.dll and d3d9.dll files, I replaced them with the ones from SoftTH. I was also only using 2 monitors and my laptop screen so the resolutions were different. I couldn't even open the game because the resolution was too high when it was added up or something like that (after 2 hours of internet searching that's what I convinced myself what was going on). Now that I gave up on using my laptop as a 3rd screen, I went back to my single monitor except i still have the window pop up saying the resolution is too high.

I guess I could have cut it short from the get go:
Can someone give me their (or a link to get) original d3d8.dll and d3d9.dll files without being from the SoftTH software??? Please.

Gary

I'm not sure if something is wrong, but the files I need are not in the installation of rFactor Lite. Now I know my way around computers and have modified plenty of files within rFactor, but to install a lite version simply for 2 .dll files (which are not even there) is baffling me more than why I screwed this up in the first place. To calm my nerves I think this may be the sign I needed to uninstall all my rFactor and do a clean re-install to clean up all the mods and tracks I don't use.
Thanks for trying to help but something is not working out.

You mean your D3D9.dll in the rFactor root ?
Because there is no need of it, to launch rfactor. If you have these files, it's because you've some plugins in your rFactor Folder.
There is plenty of D3D9.dll :)
Indeed, I've 2 of them, one D3D9.dll, that give me the possibility of using FXAA on nVidia cards, and giving me 400FPS+ on full and high details, and an other one, for the GIDPlugin ;)

If you want my files, I can upload them if you want to try it ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back