Current Major Issues in RaceRoom

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
Hi all,

There are a lot of questions regarding current problems we're having so I'll just go through them here briefly explaining what they are.

Error 13: This occurs due to failed encryption during communication between game and system backend. The encryption fail occurs due to having too many Multiplayer servers (currently over 280). As a temporary solution we stopped most of our own servers. We also have a fix in the works we hope to share with you today.

Error 500/504: These occur when there's a timeout between game and backend. However the reason for seeing these currently are due to a memory leak that hogs the memory on the backend servers which makes them unreachable. While we are trying to catch the leak and fix it, we are restarting the servers every now and then to avoid players getting it.

Dedicated server not available under tools on Steam: This should no longer be the case as of this morning. Everyone who has RaceRoom Racing Experience installed should see RaceRoom Dedicated Server under tools in Steam Library. If not you can still manually grab it by typing steam://install/354060 on Steam command line or windows explorer or here https://steamdb.info/app/354060/

Strange problems at race start in MP: We are still investigating but majority of the problems seem to occur when player in position 1 either disconnects or gets kicked out by not pressing ready during the 60 seconds of garage phase. We are looking into these issues but as a quick workaround we might disable the garage phase altogether.

Some issues might also be linked with rolling start on race session. Hosts might want to stick to standing race start for now while we're investigating the issue.

We are planning on preparing a hotfix patch to go live today for the issues mentioned above. Again, sorry for these issues creeping up on you in the game and a sincere thank you for your understanding and patience.

Last edited:
For the past few months when I start a session and the car is in the pits at a stand still my wheel slowly starts flopping to one side than the other than picks up speed and oscillates pretty quickly lock to lock. When I start to drive and hold the wheel lightly with my figure tips I can feel a slight force pushing it to the left or right when driving in a straight line and the wheel is centered.
thrustmaster tx 75/100/100/0/0
Stock settings ingame
deleted profiles and created a new one every build, unplugged, reset etc.
only game that causes this issue on my wheel
performance on many of the newer released tracks have massive frame drops through out. I have to run a combo of low med settings just to get a smooth game play.
17 2600 16 gb gtx 970 ssc

I've had this same issue but only in some cars (I have a Logitech G27). I keep forgetting to make a list of which cars do it, but the list grows smaller with each update. The Daytona Prototype was the most recent car I drove which still had this behavior.

RaceRoom're a headache, before making new cars fix what tenes.cada see you connect less, if you do not you can connect you not View back to the main page, you get slowed and you have to restart the PC, with the only game I have problem with R room, in the other games I go if any problem.Con you must always put the mail and password when you walk in any game directly.

RaceRoom're a headache, before making new cars fix what tenes.cada see you connect less, if you do not you can connect you not View back to the main page, you get slowed and you have to restart the PC, with the only game I have problem with R room, in the other games I go if any problem.Con you must always put the mail and password when you walk in any game directly.
download%203_zpsqjzzmdn4.jpg

Reactions: F_B
Well. Not that "major" by any stretch of the imagination, but a heads up...

If i run the newest beta firmware on my Fanatec Porsche RSV2 wheel, R3E no longer recognizes it for the default profile. If i revert to the much older firmware it seems to pick it up.

It will choose the right profile however, but it lists the peripherals as:
Keyboard
Clubsport Pedals
Porsche Wheel
Porsche Wheel

Note the dual "wheels". One is red in the list, one is the unit i actually connected.

Then it will start nagging that one or more devices are missing...

Since many Fanatec users do upgrade the firmware, just a heads up :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back