Cube Controls Formula CSX2 (RD OWNERS CLUB)

Hello!

I just recently Purchased a CC Formula CSX2 wheel and I am so happy with my purchase I thought we might as well have a dedicated owners club thread for the wheel where we can share our experiences together also any technical or teething problems also share our settings and dashboards with the community!

Cube Controls Logo

inside formula esports steering wheels

The Classic USB connection is designed for the high achievers as it enables high-demanding electronics. Connect them and be ready to go.
For the demanding drivers.[/LIST]​

Last edited:
I am quite frustrated that Cube Controls decided to use UGT displays. The UGT lacks many of the functions/features that Simhub Dashboard has. They should have just gone with the USBD480 screen. Now us owners with the $1500 wheel is stuck. Asetek doesn't seem to want to provide updates to their software. Very disappointed.
I did save the latest software on my pc before it changed + 50 or so different display panels if you need them, not sure what versions they are I believe was 3/4 months back I updated all my 3 wheels

Upvote 0
Yes I own 3 wheels also Cube CSX2, Cube GTX flagship with 6 paddles, Rexing Formula V5, almost 6k$ on the 3 wheels with the import charges, I have to be honest the disappointment is real
I have asked Asetek if they could send me the source code for their UGT software so at least I can make changes to it but they said no. I then thought about just opening the wheel up and replacing the screen/leds myself but then realize the PCB board Cube Controls is using for this wheel is already custom created to work with UGT display so that idea went out the window.

Upvote 0
I have asked Asetek if they could send me the source code for their UGT software so at least I can make changes to it but they said no. I then thought about just opening the wheel up and replacing the screen/leds myself but then realize the PCB board Cube Controls is using for this wheel is already custom created to work with UGT display so that idea went out the window.
Yes I thought about that but be all custom work because of the PCB and also if it was that easy Cube would have stocked alternate displays and carried on selling the CSX2+GTX where as say Rexing made a new version of there wheel with the USB480 displays what work through Simhub,
My CSX2 had maybe 10hrs use its like brand new my GTX maybe around 60-70 and this Rexing maybe 90 minutes I love the wheel but for me the grips are way too grippy,
I own maybe 10-11 high end wheels and the best one I ever used is the Cube GTX this thing is a weapon, I have this Gomez wheel but bring this out on special occasions :D

Upvote 0
Yes I thought about that but be all custom work because of the PCB and also if it was that easy Cube would have stocked alternate displays and carried on selling the CSX2+GTX where as say Rexing made a new version of there wheel with the USB480 displays what work through Simhub,
My CSX2 had maybe 10hrs use its like brand new my GTX maybe around 60-70 and this Rexing maybe 90 minutes I love the wheel but for me the grips are way too grippy,
I own maybe 10-11 high end wheels and the best one I ever used is the Cube GTX this thing is a weapon, I have this Gomez wheel but bring this out on special occasions :D
Yeah I really like my CSX2 but just hate the software. I also had the GSI FPE but quickly returned it because the grips are too thick and you can easily get fatigue gripping that. Also 310mm is too much. 300mm would be perfect. And lastly I think the quality of the CSX2 is better than the FPE. If you just look at the shifter paddles, on the FPE, you can see exposed wires and the backplate doesn't have much contour like the CSX2. Lastly the CSX2 shifters are switchless which feels really smooth where FPE has an exposed mechanical switch. But don't get me wrong, FPE is still a really good wheel but shouldn't be in the same price point as the CSX2. I think Cube Controls has gotten many compliants with the UGT hence they pulled both CSX2 and the GTX products from their website and will make new ones. I am now looking at the Grid P911 however that doesn't have a 7-way funky switch which I really like/need.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Yeah I really like my CSX2 but just hate the software. I also had the GSI FPE but quickly returned it because the grips are too thick and you can easily get fatigue gripping that. Also 310mm is too much. 300mm would be perfect. And lastly I think the quality of the CSX2 is better than the FPE. If you just look at the shifter paddles, on the FPE, you can see exposed wires and the backplate doesn't have much contour like the CSX2. Lastly the CSX2 shifters are switchless which feels really smooth where FPE has an exposed mechanical switch. But don't get me wrong, FPE is still a really good wheel but shouldn't be in the same price point as the CSX2. I think Cube Controls has gotten many compliants with the UGT hence they pulled both CSX2 and the GTX products from their website and will make new ones. I am now looking at the Grid P911 however that doesn't have a 7-way funky switch which I really like/need.
Shifters on the Cube GTX make the CSX2 feel like a child’s toy, Superb, well on my model they do anyways not sure if was updated to the same spec, this FPE the grips feel insane to me just fit around my hand really nice, for me I think it’s more the weight of the FPE wheel, nothing wrong with it on my SC2 Pro just feels different and more suited to some cars than others, I have this Ascher V2 wheel I think the rubber material on these the compound is the best I ever felt, it’s not too grippy or slippy, the CSX2 for me personally just gets like ice with no gloves on and sweating just slips out of my hands a lot but with gloves 0 issues at all it’s a beautiful wheel for the money, I was switching around a lot with the SRB GT3, Ascher V2, FPE, CSX2, Mclaren GT3, Rexing V5 with 6 paddles but the wife bought me this Cube GTX with 6 paddles for my birthday in the summer and tbh not used anything since it’s just a weapon, maybe the 1st impression of the looks is not for everyone but the ergonomics of the wheel is the best I’ve used but in saying that there all lovely wheels and not much in them, I’m tempted to check out this P911, I would have got the PSE one but I can’t pay that money with exposed cables hanging out the back of the wheel.
5B84027A-59DB-4FEB-A462-9700957B8646.jpeg
092E877A-B83D-4BAC-88F8-76D6C5009BE2.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did save the latest software on my pc before it changed + 50 or so different display panels if you need them, not sure what versions they are I believe was 3/4 months back I updated all my 3 wheels
Hello hopefully you get this. Is there anyway I could get those earlier versions. Am having a fit with the current version.

Upvote 0
Do you happen to have earlier versions of the software and or firmware.exe file. I can’t calibrate my clutch paddles to have full range. The software goes completely bizerk and messes everything up. Some axis aren’t getting recognized etc etc. thanks

Upvote 0
Do you happen to have earlier versions of the software and or firmware.exe file. I can’t calibrate my clutch paddles to have full range. The software goes completely bizerk and messes everything up. Some axis aren’t getting recognized etc etc. thanks
I did have back home in Ukraine but the Russians took our city so sadly lost everything.

Upvote 0
Hello, anyone here is using UGT with windows 11? Ever since the switch, I have been having problems with it. First there's a error on start up and then after a few minutes the screen on the wheel just freezes

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2022-06-03 225756.png
    Captura de ecrã 2022-06-03 225756.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
Yes I own 3 wheels also Cube CSX2, Cube GTX flagship with 6 paddles, Rexing Formula V5, almost 6k$ on the 3 wheels with the import charges, I have to be honest the disappointment is real
Bonjour. Si vous avez tout les Dashboard pour le csx2 sur le site asetek. Je l’ai veux bien car impossible de les prendre sur leur site. Cordialement

Upvote 0
Interesting forum.
I was contemplating buying a used wheel for 1400 CAD and I was reading all the comments here. At first it was great but the last 2 pages were saddening. Lack of support, buggy software, proprietary screen no longer supported.
That is enough information for me
Better go with scx3 which uses simhub

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Anyone have issues where the UGT software would not communicate to the wheel after joining a race session? I noticed whenever I do endurance races and I’m not the first driver the wheel has issues and ruins my race. I can’t change gears and the buttons don’t work to exit the car and pit limiter. I’m disappointed I purchased the wheel and didn’t do more research on how bad the UGT software is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone have issues where the UGT software would not communicate to the wheel after joining a race session? I noticed whenever I do endurance races and I’m not the first driver the wheel has issues and ruins my race. I can’t change gears and the buttons don’t work to exit the car and pit limiter. I’m disappointed I purchased the wheel and didn’t do more research on how bad the UGT software is.

Upvote 0
You are not the only one. I thought it was the cabling so I spend so much time figuring what the issue was. At the end I concluded it was the UGT software. It worked before I switched to windows 11. The UGT software is not supported anymore so basically you are left with a wheel that is useless for racing. I hope / expect that cubecontrols will offer us a reduced price for a CSX3 with uses Simhub. Actually I was checking racedeparment for what high end wheel people choose when I saw your note

Upvote 0
hello everyone I have written to Asetec.

1. how to buy UGT Manager without making new updates.

2. can it be right to throw away a dish that has cost a lot of money.

3. I hope they write back or do I write to a TV program here in Denmark called operation x

these are people who do everything they can to help get to the bottom of many cases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back