Create a Road Sign for Xpacker

Hi guys once again.

I need some help please...

I've done the Blender "Winter Scene" tutorial and can creat a 3d oject relatively easily. It also involves placing a texture and view it in the 3d rndered screne. So Far, so good.

However when I export the object as a 3ds file it only exports the object and doesnt attatch the mterials. So that's my first problem.

Second problem is if I take the object and try to add a material which has an alpha layer in 3dSimEd I cant get the alpha layer to activate. But if i borrow another 3d object that already has an alpha layer and place my material on it it does. As far as I can tell the settings are the same.

Anyway, if somebody could please point me in the right direction of a tutorial that explicitly covers these functions or if that is not available create a tutorial that is easy to understand for a dumb-ass like myself.

Here is one of the signs I want to create. as well as the psd file.

Phoroshop file: Hogbin-roundabout

CoffsRoadCourse129.jpg

Hogbin-roundabout.jpg

ok it seems that without "joining the posts to the sign, but having all objects selected, i can export a 3ds sign with all parts. I then add it to xpacker like you say with the materials. Problem though is when i add it to my track there are no textures

download signtest xpack here to see.

• Steppenwolf

The reason could be that you didnt follow the 8.3 rule for the dds file name lenght (max 8 characters before the dot and 3 after the dot). Your names are too long and contain a fancy "-" character (i believe thats also forbidden).

But it also could be that the uvmaps get ****ed up when you attach the different objects to another.

However i remodeled your sign, fixed the file names and created a working xpack. You can check that out here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mumyizhmty1

(you have to unzip that, the actual xpack is within this zip)

Maybe it helps you to better understand one or two things.

Once youve figured everything out you might also want to model a seperate backside for the sign because as it is now in my version it looks a bit odd with the mirrored alpha plane.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back