Crash loading HQ04 Valencia

Shovas

Premium
SOLVED: One bad skin in HQ Cars & Tracks v7 ("wiethe") I had to remove. Author fixed for the next version.

I started an HQ 04 Championship (from the HQ Mods Collection) and everything loaded up fine and I completed the first round at Monza but the second round at Valencia (Circuit Ricardo Tormo) crashes on the load screen.

Any ideas?

Any files I should look at to check for error messages?

I had some crashes previously where I reinstalled the HQ Cars & Tracks and that solved my problem but it's not helping this time.

Last edited:
The best way to check where the problem might be is .... for GTR2 have a look at a Trace file.
How to create it:
- create a shortcut for GTR2.exe on desktop
- when done, right-click on this shortcut and choose "Properties"
- modify the command: "......\GTR2\GTR2.exe" adding after a space -trace=1000 in order to get this:
".....\GTR2\GTR2.exe" -trace=1000
- starting a GTR2 race session with this shortcut will create a Trace file you'll find in GTR2/Userdata/LOG

If there's a problem with the track or a car for example, you might find the reason nearly at the end of this file in case of a game crash.

NB: Not sure it can be done with Steam version ... but I guess it can.

I may give that a try but I've had numerous hassles with HQ Cars & Tracks so, unfortunately, I've had to uninstall it. Notable crashes include Ferrari 575 at Valencia (second track in my championship) but I've also had crashes with Dubai and Hockenheim, etc. Crashes happen during track loading screens.

If I have the motivation I'll try that trace thing.

Did the trace file help you to find it ? .... if so, you know now what to do in such cases. ;)
Such crashes are mostly due to one or other file missing or bad or corrupted.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back