Could really use some help on my video settings please.

Hey guys , I picked up a kickass monitor ( Acer 34" XR34CK FreeSync version ) and I'm having an issue with trying to setup the screen properly. When I run rFactor 2 , it gives me an option to change the resolutions and so forth and even though I have to do a lot of configuring still to make it perfect , it'll run the game full screen.

I'm trying to run GSCE in 3440 x 1440 , but not sure how to set it up like that. Right now I have two pretty big borders , one on each side. I can't figure out where I can change this. I think the user interface in both rFactor 2 and GSCE are pretty similar correct?

Also , if you notice in the screen pics I took , should I be running in Fullscreen , windowed or borderless? Should I force 32bit , ect , ect.....I don't know what to do.

Both games seem a little laggy and I think that both of these sims aren't to well optimized for dual GPU. I have two AMD 7970's in crossfire , should I try only using one?

If someone could steer me in the right direction , that would really help.

upload_2015-10-9_11-31-7.png

upload_2015-10-9_11-31-30.png

upload_2015-10-9_11-31-56.png

GSCE at 3440 X 1440.jpg
Got it Dennis , thank you! I did a bunch of reading and finally found what I was looking for. OMG the way this sim and rFactor 2 look like on this monitor is amazing! I can't get either one of those sims to run very well using crossfire , but just using one 7970 is kicking butt anyways! Have everything maxed out , 75mz refresh rate and she's smooth as silk. I picked up the Acer XR34CK monitor which has FreeSync , and I can't take advantage of it with my older 7970's since they don't support , but it doesn't need it in these sims I think. I can't see how it could get any better than what I'm seeing. Amazing!

GSC in all her glory at 3440 X 1440 on a big 34".....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back