Corner names (track description)

Misc Corner names (track description) 3.47

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great job you are doing compiling this!

I just wanted to make you aware that the change to the Kunos Monza sections file mentioned in the changelog seems to have been be missing from the update.

Great job you are doing compiling this!

I just wanted to make you aware that the change to the Kunos Monza sections file mentioned in the changelog seems to have been be missing from the update.
And right you are. :thumbsup:
My bad, I had made the change for my own track and forgot to add it.
It's now included and will be up in a few days.

First of all, thanks for all of these! I hate the be That Guy, and I don't want to nitpick, but I was just driving on Zolder 67 last night, and I noticed a few small things. The corner Sterrenwachtbocht is mis-spelled, and also the Jochen Rindtbocht and Jackie Ickxbocht weren't named yet in 1967, as both drivers were very much alive and well at the time.

First of all, thanks for all of these! I hate the be That Guy, and I don't want to nitpick, but I was just driving on Zolder 67 last night, and I noticed a few small things. The corner Sterrenwachtbocht is mis-spelled, and also the Jochen Rindtbocht and Jackie Ickxbocht weren't named yet in 1967, as both drivers were very much alive and well at the time.
Glad to hear you like them and thanks for reporting.
It made me realize I forgot to add the other version of the track that I am actually using: ted_zolder67_reworked.

However: I have no clue where your info comes from, but I' d say the sections file for both versions is correct as it is included.
I don't see (or I'm so used to it that I don't notice) any miss-spelling in Sterrenwachtbocht either.

Also I am sure that both Jochen Rindt bocht and Jackie Ickx bocht were already named like that in the 1967 layout.
It was in 1975 that the Jackie Ickx chicane layout was changed to how it is actually.

Btw, Jackie Ickx is still alive and kicking at this time. ;)

You know what, I just checked, and at least the last time I downloaded this the Sterrenwachtbocht is spelled correctly. Did an older version have a misspelling? Because I swear it was spelled "Steerewachtbocht." Maybe I'm going mad....

As for the Ickx and Rindt corners, I got my info here: https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/belgium/zolder.html That could be incorrect info, of course. I just thought it odd when I saw them while driving the track yesterday. Ickx had barely made his F1 debut in 1967, and Rindt's F1 career had only begun in 1964. I was surprised to see that they'd had corners named after them already in 1967, but stranger things have happened.

Again, I don't mean to be nitpicky. I absolutely love the work you've done, and I can't imagine AC without it.

Should the "kinnekulle" folder perhaps be called "actk_kinnekulle"? Because that's the folder name of the only version of Kinnekulle for AC that I've found.

Should the "kinnekulle" folder perhaps be called "actk_kinnekulle"? Because that's the folder name of the only version of Kinnekulle for AC that I've found.
Ah yes, good spot.
I forgot to add the actk version. I had a WIP Kinnekulle before actk came out with his version. The file works for both though, so you can use it for actk_kinnekulle as well.
I have added it to the list, so it will appear in the next update also.

Ah yes, good spot.
I forgot to add the actk version. I had a WIP Kinnekulle before actk came out with his version. The file works for both though, so you can use it for actk_kinnekulle as well.
I have added it to the list, so it will appear in the next update also.
Yeah, I had already put it into my actk_kinnekulle folder, tested it and it worked well :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just noticed this app - what a great idea! Haven't downloaded yet but will do tomorrow for sure. Is euroracers yas marina going to be added soon by any chance? Or how can i add it myself if you aren't going to add it

Just noticed this app - what a great idea! Haven't downloaded yet but will do tomorrow for sure. Is euroracers yas marina going to be added soon by any chance? Or how can i add it myself if you aren't going to add it
Atm I can't really make a correct file matching the real track, since there is no version for AC with the new layout. The chicane after T4 is one step, but there's still the second chicane that IRL has been replaced with T9.

Fanapryde updated Corner names (track description) with a new update entry:

tracks added, two changed

added

zwartkops_48
rosario
rosendohernandez
marcosjuarez
concepcionuruguay
actk_kinnekulle
rmi_dirt_lydden (only for the tarmac layout)
rivera_f3ct (afaik in the 60's the track was driven clockwise, Sergio's mod is counter clockwise, so the corner names may not be completely accurate)
elpinar_f3ct
guapore
lor_orchard
phakisa - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/phakisa-south-africa.13944/
ps_autodromo_del_levante
albion
phakisa_freeway (3 layouts)

changed
tocancipa new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fanapryde updated Corner names (track description) with a new update entry:

tracks added, two changed

added:

zw_ringdjursland
rmi_silverstone_1975
phoenix_gp (3 layouts)
circuit_de_chambley

changed:

"according to decision of IMSA: Chicanes at Daytona, Le Mans Renamed in Symbol of Unity":

rt_daytona (moto/nascar/sportscar), name of Bus Stop changed to Le Mans Chicane

sx_lemans (chicane/chicane_24h_race/chicaneperf), name of first chicane on Mulsanne straight renamed to Daytona Chicane

Read the rest of this update entry...

I downloaded the mod and extracted to the content folder, however its still the default track description in game, any ideas?
Ehm...no. :cautious:
The sections files should be added automatically into the data folder of the tracks, overwriting also an already present sections file, should there be one (empty, old, wrong or added in a previous version).
Which track has difficulties ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea