Converting a GTR2 Track to GTL

I know there used to be a converter years ago but I have forgotten the steps / modifications to the .trk, .gdb and shared files to do this.
Anyone know / remember the process?
Thank you!

Most conversion work is in trk :
- rename skies_xxxx.gtr extension as skies_xxxx.gtl extension
- delete teammaps2.gtr and replace it by teammaps.gtl (you have all SimBin shared files inside this file if you have installed my hq anniversary patch, if you don't have installed my hq patch then you must copy misc.gtr in locations\shared)
- inside SKYBOXI instance you must delete all ****R blocs (used for rain in gtr2), in general it is at the beginning of trk
- if there are rreflectxx instances then you must delete them (used for rain road reflection in gtr2), in general they are located at the very end of trk

And delete xxxx.GRD file

With that it should work :)

Last edited:
Most work is in trk :
- delete teammaps2.gtr and replace it by teammaps.gtl (you have all SimBin shared files inside this file if you have installed my hq anniversary patch, if you don't have installed my hq patch then you must copy misc.gtr in locations\shared)
- inside SKYBOXI instance you must delete all ****R blocs (used for rain in gtr2), in general it is at the beginning of trk
- if there are rreflectxx instances then you must delete them (used for rain road reflection in gtr2), in general they are located at the very end of trk

With that it should work :)
I am using your HQ patch for GTL (of course!) and deleted the instances of rain in the .trk and changed teammaps2. When I enter the game and go to the track selection screen, The track I'm adding is non-selectable (doesn't highlight).

A long time ago I recall doing a convert and changing the .gtr files to .gtl and adding the MISC.gtr to the shared .....
I appreciate your assistance!

Forgot to say that you also need to rename skies_xxxx.gtr to .gtl extension in trk.
And delete xxxx.GRD file or replace it by one from gtl track (rename grd with exact track name)

As said hq teammaps for both gtl/gtr2 includes all shared files so you don't need teammaps2.gtr or misc.gtr file if you rename teammaps2.gtr into teammaps.gtl and delete misc.gtr line from trk.
DO NOT CHANGE SPECIFIC TRACK .GTR EXTENSION like misano.gtr or misanomaps.gtr

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back