confused is me

Hi guys just spent a small fortune joining i racing and I don't get it ( I'm confused as hell)
I get how to test the cars on the tracks, but that's about it
How do i take time trails or even race Im also finding the cars quite difficult to drive ( without aids) nd ant seem to find any set up in game that will help me
if ever there was a sim that needed iracing for dummies published this would be it
cheers
pul

Hi guys just spent a small fortune joining i racing and I don't get it ( I'm confused as hell)
I get how to test the cars on the tracks, but that's about it
How do i take time trails or even race Im also finding the cars quite difficult to drive ( without aids) nd ant seem to find any set up in game that will help me
if ever there was a sim that needed iracing for dummies published this would be it
cheers
pul

Coming from rfactor I found two differences, the breaking and the steering. I find that the force feedback is much firmer, and it takes getting used to, but is superior. You have to turn the sensivity down though big time, cause its too twitchy on any normal setting.

It takes practice to get used to it. But you'll get there.

To do a time trial, you need to find an offical server. Basically, on your iracing dashboard, on the left is a "whats hot" section where you search for events, and then join one that suits. TT, qualy and race are all listed here, and shows you what time they start and how many people signed up. Join a server, and off you go! Though to preserve your Saftey rating I suggest practice in one type of car first and make sure you can keep it on the road, then move on to offical events.

Here is a guide to iracing that could help:

http://www.simhq.com/_motorsports5/motorsports_149a.html

Heres an offical guide by iracing itself

http://membersmedia.iracing.com/pdfs/Beginners_Guide_100909.pdf

Have a read, its all useful. Also check out some youtube vids, they can really help if you're struggling :)

To join TT, Q and Races you need to click 'RACE NOW' in the upper right section and then select race, qualify, time trial or open practise. Click a time (session needs to start within 25 minutes to be selectable) and click 'JOIN'

im confused,so this must be appropriate place to ask a question

im new to iracing(2weeks into it),so i noticed with todays new update some of the the available series i had yesterday are replaced with new 13th week events...i need to purchase quite a few things to race...so my question is: is 13th week events something temporary and will I have use for the content i get NOW(in order to race) beyond this week?

I am class D atm

also: i have a dilema in chosing a car: im divided between the Corvette and Ford-GT

i really wana try the Ford,but have read Corvette is better...help

just tried the caddy....this bad boy will take some getting used to,but generally i like it..love the sounds
Yea the base setup is made by a 5-year old kid they brought in to tap in some numbers.

So pissed it´s not even funny. I´ll wait until there´s some real setups on the forum. Setups that actually have some thought into them.

About the Ford GT, Vette. Biggest difference is engine placement, completely different balance in the cars.
I prefer the Ford GT but i can´t say i love either of them. Hopefully the Mclaren will be right up my alley.

iracing is crap. Trying to make a setup for the star mazda, the tire temps in the middle of the tires are still always higher than the edges no matter what you do to them. I can't hear or feel when the car bottoms out, I have to watch the replays to see when it does. iRacing is pure marketing gimmick. I bet you I've spent $500 and netkar I can pick up for $20 and it has better feel and physics. Call me sucker!! :p

If there's no hidden irony, I'd say there's a problem between the your keyboard and your chair. Tires are fine, the sound of bottoming out is pretty annoying in Corvette and I am not sure about marketing, but it's the most precise out there, no doubt about that. It has its downs, but you picked the wrong ones :p

iracing is crap. Trying to make a setup for the star mazda, the tire temps in the middle of the tires are still always higher than the edges no matter what you do to them. I can't hear or feel when the car bottoms out, I have to watch the replays to see when it does. iRacing is pure marketing gimmick. I bet you I've spent $500 and netkar I can pick up for $20 and it has better feel and physics. Call me sucker!! :p
Yo sucker.
Me thinks you should go and play NetKar then if you're so dis-satisfied with iRacing.

I will accept that it is easy to fork out a whole chunk of money on the service, but more fool you if you continue to pay for something you obviously have no liking or time for.

Sidewalls are included in that calculation. You have more use figuring out how to keep temperatures low and evenly spread over all four tyres.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back