Confirmed: Kubica Returns With Williams in 2019

Take the perspective of all the engineers and employees of Williams:
  • Would you rather build a car for some rich kids like Sirotkin/Stroll?
or...
  • Work those late nights, week after week, for a man who showcased grit and tenacity that few can imagine outside of a movie... and he wants nothing else other than to drive YOUR car?
This is to change the bad vibe in that garage, to bring back synergy that's been lost, and it sets the tone on the expectations of what hard work really is.

Kubica could be the galvanizing force that gives the team momentum to once again contend in the mid-field.

Great post @billymitchell. I really hope you are right about Williams climbing back into the midfield and off rock bottom where they have undeniably been this season .

I will be rooting for Kubica and Williams next season. Williams have always been the team I've followed, right back from when my motor racing hero Damon Hill drove for them. Their HQ at Grove near Wantage is also only about 5 miles from where my family is originally from. Kubica is one of my favorite drivers and I'm thrilled to see him back after such a terrible accident and hard recovery.

Go Williams!

"The odds are against him!"
Good ! he will work for it and i'm gonna f**** enjoy it !
and now i have another reason to watch 2019 Formula1 :D for me lack of nando's radio will be covered by watching robert figuring the odds out

Take the perspective of all the engineers and employees of Williams:
  • Would you rather build a car for some rich kids like Sirotkin/Stroll?
or...
  • Work those late nights, week after week, for a man who showcased grit and tenacity that few can imagine outside of a movie... and he wants nothing else other than to drive YOUR car?
This is to change the bad vibe in that garage, to bring back synergy that's been lost, and it sets the tone on the expectations of what hard work really is.

Kubica could be the galvanizing force that gives the team momentum to once again contend in the mid-field.

They'd rather be paid on a regular basis.
All the 'feel good' vibes for Kubica are admirable, the reality of what Effwun is today seems to have been overlooked.
Why would Williams give him the drive?
'Publicity' and the 'Sympathy Vote', hoping to get a big money sponsor of course.
Indeed, I AM a cynic.

Ok, now something from Me. I watch Kubicas career since he was a 12 year old kid. Hes constance, determination, concentration on the goal is from the beggining innormous, extraordinary. He is the type of man which after A will tell Z. And he did it again. I'm sure (unlike many), if he said, he is ready that menas - HE IS. Tryust me. May it be, Williams is not ready for him...

• tunaphis

A actual real inspiration,Watching this guy drive a rally car with the injury he had was humbling.There have been a few who have decided to "slum" it in rally after career down turns,no one has shined like Kubica.Remember Kimi?Any one who thinks this man does not deserve this doesn't know motorsports.On my dinner party bucket list and if I can find a wager,Will win a GP.

My favorite driver since Schumacher leaving Ferrari / 1st retirement sadly leaves (Alonso) but my second favorite one returns!!!

Thank you to everyone who made this happen and thank you, Robert Kubica, for your motivation, dedication, and fight throughout the years!

I wonder what will be his status in F1 at the beginning of 2019 season: will be a rookie or not? He has not raced for years in F1 but everyone expects him to be as competitive as before, otherwise what would be the point to call him back if he is average?

Williams do what Williams got to do. I'm not jumping for joy that he will be back. But happy for the man as a person and his story. The word of mouth is that Williams' cars sucks, but no one even put a Vettel or a Hamilton in any of them so how can they tell? It's not like Alonso and McLaren story. Bottas and Massa kicked some serious arse back then, even Stroll got good outings when he had Massa beside him. Williams sucks in 2018 because their drivers sucks. IMO they have a mid field car, but slow drivers and so the results. I'm not betting on it but they may do better with George and Robert next year. Not a championship team though but maybe enough to take it to the likes of Force India etc...

Funny people which write - He is today pay driver too with money from oil company from Poland. Funny, because even Kubica said - I know nothing about this sponsorship... If he pay'd some $ (for sure he paid) it's spite of all much less than Sirotkins or Artioms sponsor can pay, but Williams now knwo perfectlly well, where was a great mistake before this terrible 2018 seson came. Typical Pay drivers with money and without experience and that knowledge, which give's really good fedback for the team. Stroll since is in F1 said always - I dont know what team doo...Sirotkin...like yesterday after FP2 - I dont know what happend... Kubica - Guys...I need 2 laps and that helps for us, we know what we must to doo...Well...

Funny people which write - He is today pay driver too with money from oil company from Poland. Funny, because even Kubica said - I know nothing about this sponsorship... If he pay'd some $ (for sure he paid) it's spite of all much less than Sirotkins or Artioms sponsor can pay, but Williams now knwo perfectlly well, where was a great mistake before this terrible 2018 seson came. Typical Pay drivers with money and without experience and that knowledge, which give's really good fedback for the team. Stroll since is in F1 said always - I dont know what team doo...Sirotkin...like yesterday after FP2 - I dont know what happend... Kubica - Guys...I need 2 laps and that helps for us, we know what we must to doo...Well...

https://m.sport24.co.za/Motorsport/kubica-to-get-10m-boost-for-2019-race-seat-20181017

Sirotkin's sponsors froze a while ago so he has less money. Sirotkin also has at least some knowledge, he has a degree in race car engineering.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%