Confirmed: BMW M6 GT3 Coming to Assetto Corsa in 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa BMW-M6-GT3-6.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the stunning new BMW M6 GT3 will be coming to the Assetto Corsa racing simulation in 2017. Today's announcement brings and end to recent speculation regarding the possibility of the BMW car list receiving an update towards the end of this year.

With the ageing Z4 ending its competitive life last season, BMW entered with the new M6 GT3 and the car has received rave reviews for the unparalleled handling of the new chassis. Already seeing some success on the racetrack, the new M6 has very quickly taken over where the Z4 left off and finds itself at the sharp end of many a GT3 field. Powered by a 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, the power train has dry sump lubrication and generates up to 585 hp – with the whole car weighing less than 1,300 kilograms.

By way of the official Assetto Corsa Twitter account, the guys over at Kunos have confirmed the M6 will be making an appearance in Assetto Corsa during 2017. No details on when a release can be expected, or indeed if it will be a free standalone car or part of a larger DLC bundle, but keep your eyes peeled at RaceDepartment and we'll let you know as soon as more news is available.

In other news, Stefano Casillo has shared a preview image of the improvements made to reflection quality in the upcoming version of the sim (see below). The visual tweaks coupled with potentially significant gains in performance can only mean good news for fans of the Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa 1.8 Reflections preview.jpg

In the above image we see reflections from the current version of the game (1.8 below compared to 1.7.5 above).

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to see what improvements come in 1.8? Do you like the new BMW M6? Would you like to see more GT3 cars in game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
If it wasn't for them I couldn't do WEC style races on Assetto Corsa.

There's like 1,738.5 GT3 cars in AC already. How is the lack of a Bentley and Aston preventing you from doing WEC-style races? Ok, so you can't represent every single car on the grid but you can get pretty damn close (especially if you toss the Bentley mod in there). I would think the lack of time change/weather, driver swaps, and timed races would be more detrimental to WEC-style racing than only having 90% of the models on the grid.

Meanwhile, those of us who want to do some proper mixed vintage grids get nothing, but somehow we need MOAR GT3's in the game. :rolleyes:

That's very good news because we will have a full line up of newest GT3's available, that is if video in Porsche announcement is correct and one of the packs will contain GT3 R.

So that means:

Ferrari 488 (exclusive to AC atm)
Lambo Huracan (exclusive to AC atm)
Porsche 911 GT3 R* (will most likely be present in AC only)
McLaren 650S
Mercedes AMG
Audi R8 (coming 2017)
BMW M6 (coming 2017)

Too bad there will be no Bentley, which is pretty new (so it will be the only one missing), and it is a shame about Aston, even though V12 Vantage GT3 is a little old by now, I would still like to see it in the game, to complete already huge line up of previous generation GT3's. And to have a V12 of course.

We still have Ford GT3 and Gallardo incoming at some point.

EDIT: Also I don't suppose we will be getting NSX GT3 any time soon, and probably we will not see Callaway Corvette.
The Bentley mod still works, does it not? No big deal to embrace it in the online races, or am I missing sth? I know tyres are outdated but this can be modded.

I have not mentioned any old GT3's, so I did not mention Nissan either, and that car is very old now.

The reason nobody uses mod Bentley are because of BoP and also because its not accurately represented in terms of physics.

Only people who don't race GT3 cars, complain that there are too many already. There are never too many cars from a series. The cool thing is that you could recreate the series if you have full line up available, plus everyone has their preference in cars handling so more manufacturers the better.

I have not mentioned any old GT3's, so I did not mention Nissan either, and that car is very old now.

The reason nobody uses mod Bentley are because of BoP and also because its not accurately represented in terms of physics.

Only people who don't race GT3 cars, complain that there are too many already. There are never too many cars from a series. The cool thing is that you could recreate the series if you have full line up available, plus everyone has their preference in cars handling so more manufacturers the better.
I understand but that Maserati GT1 vs the Pagani Zonda R :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

You can only drive one car at a time though. Toss the Bentley in the grid so it gives you a more visually accurate field, then it doesn't matter how accurate the physics are because all you're doing is looking at it.

Only people who don't race GT3 cars, complain that there are too many already.

Funny, I was just racing them last week, and race them semi-regularly. I still feel like there's enough of them in the game for now, it would be nice to have some other multi-car grids to play with. Nice generalization though. My comment was directed more at the attitude that somehow having 10+ GT3 cars in the game isn't good enough to do some WEC-style racing, while the rest of the classes have to make due with one-make races.

There are never too many cars from a series.

So we're in agreement then, all the other series in the game that only have one car available could use some more cars in that series.

The problem with that is popularity and actual use.

Maybe other classes would be more popular if there was more than one car in the class to chose from? We all know that plenty of sim racers turn their noses up at one-make races and right now our options are GT3s or one-make races, so everyone goes to GT3. I'm pretty sure if there were two or three models available in a touring car class (modern and/or vintage) they'd be quite popular.

Just my opinion of course. Nothing against GT3s, I'd just like to have a couple other multi-car classes to chose from eventually. Give me a Cortina and Fairlane to race with the Alfa GTA and I'd be very happy.

Last edited:
There's like 1,738.5 GT3 cars in AC already. How is the lack of a Bentley and Aston preventing you from doing WEC-style races? Ok, so you can't represent every single car on the grid but you can get pretty damn close (especially if you toss the Bentley mod in there). I would think the lack of time change/weather, driver swaps, and timed races would be more detrimental to WEC-style racing than only having 90% of the models on the grid.

Meanwhile, those of us who want to do some proper mixed vintage grids get nothing, but somehow we need MOAR GT3's in the game. :rolleyes:
Well actually, AC has very few GTE cars which you'd need for series like WEC and USCC.

But yeah. While I'd love to have every single car of popular series I like it's not a game-breaker to me that some aren't there.

This all sounds great but i hope they don't charge too much for these DLC's. The base game plus DLC (Bought Separately) is already at £60...
They mentioned the season pass for the Porsche DLC, so if you want all three you could get them together at once for a discount.

Furthermore I'm of the opinion that the pricing of the DLC is reasonable, they've lowered the prices of the base game and Dream Packs already starting this year... I don't see how they could finance themselves any other way without resorting to a Free2Play buy-each-car-individually or iRacing-style subscription (plus individual purchases) model. The only bigger criticism I have is the fragmentation of the multiplayer community by limiting servers to only those people who have all the content on that given server (if I'm not mistaken). They should definitely do something about that.

Then there are the Steam sales which usually enable you to buy the content for ~50% off. So, I wouldn't say that the prices are particularly high.

They mentioned the season pass for the Porsche DLC, so if you want all three you could get them together at once for a discount. Furthermore I'm of the opinion that the pricing of the DLC is reasonable, they've lowered the prices of the base game and Dream Packs already starting this year and I don't see how they could finance themselves any other way without resorting to a Free2Play buy-each-car-individually or iRacing-style subscription (plus individual purchases) model. The only bigger criticism I have is the fragmentation of the multiplayer community by limiting servers to only those people who have all the content on that given server (if I'm not mistaken). They should definitely do something about that. Then there are the Steam sales which usually enable you to buy the content for ~50% off. So, I wouldn't say that the prices are particularly high.

Yeah i usually wait for a sale to get some of the DLC's. I'm definately in the same boat concerning the Multiplayer server limitations with the DLC cars...

i dont know crap about porsche names so.. in order to visualizeee these are the ones i didnt know:
917/30 'i will crap my pants' spyder '73
hqdefault.jpg

alfa romeo tipo 33
tumblr_liioggcIV51qfhpwao1_500.png

911 'looks like every other one' carrera s '16
550f0741c46e0904eb80bae8eb06e752.jpg

cayman gt4 'is the new gt3' clubsport '16
2016-porsche-cayman-gt4-clubsport-16-550x310.jpg

toyota gt86 gt4 'is the new gt3'
2013-toyota-gt-86-gt4-race-car_100417797_m.jpg

911 carrera 'i think its this one' cup
PORSCHE-CARRERA-CUP-2015-la-911-de-Christophe-LAPIERRE-A-600x355.jpg

audi TT 'looks badass' cup
1462375696694.jpg

919 hybrid buttons thingy
2015-porsche-919-hybrid-lmp1-07-1.jpg

toy-yoda ts040 buttons thingy
s3_1.jpg

audi r18 e-tron quattttttttttrrrroooo button thingy
Audi-Audi-R18-ultra-and-Audi-R18-e-tron-Quattro-photo-reel.jpg

You can only drive one car at a time though. Toss the Bentley in the grid so it gives you a more visually accurate field, then it doesn't matter how accurate the physics are because all you're doing is looking at it.

Funny, I was just racing them last week, and race them semi-regularly. I still feel like there's enough of them in the game for now, it would be nice to have some other multi-car grids to play with. Nice generalization though.

So we're in agreement then, all the other series in the game that only have one car available could use some more cars in that series.

Maybe other classes would be more popular if there was more than one car in the class to chose from? We all know that plenty of sim racers turn their noses up at one-make races and right now our options are GT3s or one-make races, so everyone goes to GT3. I'm pretty sure if there were two or three models available in a touring car class (modern and/or vintage) they'd be quite popular.

Just my opinion of course. Nothing against GT3s, I'd just like to have a couple other multi-car classes to chose from eventually. Give me a Cortina and Fairlane to race with the Alfa GTA and I'd be very happy.
I appreciate both opinions, I think the content boost will be good for all of us as long as the "other " stuff is attended too along the updates.
Looking forward to MC12 vs Zonda R.

i dont know crap about porsche names so.. in order to visualizeee these are the ones i didnt know:
917/30 'i will crap my pants' spyder '73
hqdefault.jpg

alfa romeo tipo 33
tumblr_liioggcIV51qfhpwao1_500.png

911 'looks like every other one' carrera s '16
550f0741c46e0904eb80bae8eb06e752.jpg

cayman gt4 'is the new gt3' clubsport '16
2016-porsche-cayman-gt4-clubsport-16-550x310.jpg

toyota gt86 gt4 'is the new gt3'
2013-toyota-gt-86-gt4-race-car_100417797_m.jpg

911 carrera 'i think its this one' cup
PORSCHE-CARRERA-CUP-2015-la-911-de-Christophe-LAPIERRE-A-600x355.jpg

audi TT 'looks badass' cup
1462375696694.jpg

919 hybrid buttons thingy
2015-porsche-919-hybrid-lmp1-07-1.jpg

toy-yoda ts040 buttons thingy
s3_1.jpg

audi r18 e-tron quattttttttttrrrroooo button thingy
Audi-Audi-R18-ultra-and-Audi-R18-e-tron-Quattro-photo-reel.jpg
That looks like a LMP1 series (I already own the URD mod ) and a GT4 series. Mixed GT classes and LMP races look very real now.

The cars created by URD include GTE class cars not GT3 so apart from maybe one or two models I can have a reasonably realistic WEC grid.

When I do a GT3 race and I want the Bentley there I use one of those available and have it on the grid. Like someone on here has mentioned you don't have to drive it but if it's on the grid it does add to the atmosphere :)

I would imagine the Bentley license belongs to Sector3 but it all depends on the agreement.

I think we were all just spoilt on GTR2. Still my favorite GT racing game.

I can understand your point about historic racing though, that's fair enough. Although look at some of the historic cars we got in the last DLC and also Reiza with their next major update. The GPL style Grand Prix cars will be good fun.

Funny, I was just racing them last week, and race them semi-regularly. I still feel like there's enough of them in the game for now, it would be nice to have some other multi-car grids to play with. Nice generalization though. My comment was directed more at the attitude that somehow having 10+ GT3 cars in the game isn't good enough to do some WEC-style racing, while the rest of the classes have to make due with one-make races.

I don't race in single player actually, I only hotlap and do challenges so you can understand that using the Bentleyy mod like that doesn't make sense for me.

And I do also think that other classes should get more cars, such as more GT4's and a Ferrari to pair Ford GT40 and the Porsche from those years. Maybe make GTO class from IMSA from back in the days.
I just don't understand why complain about GT3 so much, they are the best series in the world atm, most popular too, fun to race plus they are all different to drive.

@Pablo Cortes that's Ferrari 330 you got in place of Alfa, which btw I would love to see in game to pair Ford GT40.

It should be this.

Alfa_Romeo_Tipo_33_Stradale_Front.jpg

@Sunny Sky Speed I think MC12 vs Mclaren F1 GTR would make a bit more sense, but if we get MC12 Corsa as a Step 1 or smthn then yeah 750 HP would make perfect competitor for Zonda.
I think the decade difference between the Maserati and McLaren would be too great a challenge for the latter but I have very little experience with that car. Depends on who is racing it :rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back