Config' file save different location?

In the AMS config it states where it saves changes to the config file - the AMS documents folder. If I want to save the config file within the userdata folder which is also within the core AMS install itself rather than the document folder one then how do I do it? I've looked for all sort of settings changes but can't find it. Due to a AMS multi install I would like one video setup which is different to the other.

Hello. It looks like the Game always looks in the documents\Automobilista folder for the config file. If it is not there, the Game creates a new one and runs the AMS Config app to get new video settings.

I tried putting the config file in several places, but It always did the same.
It looks like your only option is to use a different profile. And this won't allow you to have a separate video setup.

One possibility is to install AMSBeta, then copy the game files from your main install to make the Beta version a full version, not the AMS application. This, in theory, would work, but I haven't tried it, And I don't know how different the AMSBeta application is.

Thanks for the reply and your insight. Yep, suspected that there may not be a way just needed someone else to say as much. Could try the beta but the latest version of AMS is running perfect and don't want to rock the boat as AMS has been finicky in the past for me. Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
Hi, i use ams with different config files by launching it this way:
Code:
AMS.exe --config=Config-obs.ini
I also run ams as administrator (i believe it skips looking in 'my documents' folder when is run this way)
To create config files with different video options i run 'AMS Config.exe' to set it up and then rename 'Config.ini' to something else (ej: Config-obs.ini)

Hi, i use ams with different config files by launching it this way:
Code:
AMS.exe --config=Config-obs.ini
I also run ams as administrator (i believe it skips looking in 'my documents' folder when is run this way)
To create config files with different video options i run 'AMS Config.exe' to set it up and then rename 'Config.ini' to something else (ej: Config-obs.ini)
Unfortunately, that way dosn't work here.

I now run several AMS1 instances, all in different graphics settings, however silly grasping one and same config.ini file from my OneDrive.
I have now renamed the auto-generated "config.ini to "configVR.ini" at same OneDrive AMS1 location (so for a test there is no standard "config.ini" available) and trying to run this command:
Code:
AMS.exe --config=ConfigVR.ini
This both as direct command prompt from within my dedicated AMS1VR folder, as batch file and by adding my VR instance of AMS to Steam, and adding Steam Launch Option for this instance to "--config=ConfigVR.ini".

Unfortunately, nomatter which of the 3 ways I use, starting up AMS1 just results in config.exe to startup, and when saving a new standard "config.ini" is created in my OneDrive AMS1 folder :(

I don't know if it is possible with AMS1, but I would prefer that config.ini files could be saved locally per AMS1 install folder.

Otherwise, I would like hint as to what I'm doing wrong here :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, that way dosn't work here.

I now run several AMS1 instances, all in different graphics settings, however silly grasping one and same config.ini file from my OneDrive.
I have now renamed the auto-generated "config.ini to "configVR.ini" at same OneDrive AMS1 location (so for a test there is no standard "config.ini" available) and trying to run this command:
Code:
AMS.exe --config=ConfigVR.ini
This both as direct command prompt from within my dedicated AMS1VR folder, as batch file and by adding my VR instance of AMS to Steam, and adding Steam Launch Option for this instance to "--config=ConfigVR.ini".

Unfortunately, nomatter which of the 3 ways I use, starting up AMS1 just results in config.exe to startup, and when saving a new standard "config.ini" is created in my OneDrive AMS1 folder :(

I don't know if it is possible with AMS1, but I would prefer that config.ini files could be saved locally per AMS1 install folder.

Otherwise, I would like hint as to what I'm doing wrong here :)
It's been A while but I thought if you run AMS as administrator then it would save the file in the Game folder instead of in my documents.

Yes, I always run AMS as administrator. I have never used OneDrive, don't known what could be happening there but i believe that it should affect the 'My Documents' folder (unless you added the folder of the game to OneDrive) so you are probably running AMS as a normal user.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back