Community Question | What Racing Series Would You Most Like To See Made Into A Sim?

In my dreams, IMSA, Indycar, Super GT, Super Formula, WEC, etc etc. There are loads of good series out there if you look outside F1.

Realistically? I don't think any of the current developers is capable of making a really complete RACING sim. All they know how to do is physics. That being the case, I'd be quite happy with something simple - e.g. a smaller open wheeler series that doesn't involve complexities like rolling starts, pit stops, etc. Fewer complexities to focus on should allow the developers to focus more on the remaining areas.

We have many exceptional simulations available on the market that cover a wide range of content - but if a new game was developed with just one series in mind, which series would you like it to be?

I'm more than aware that a mixed bag of various content in a racing sim is loved by sim racers the world over, just look at the popularity of titles like Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom and AMS2, however, much in the theme of Assetto Corsa Competizione, if a game developer was to build a brand new simulation that has a focus on just one single series, which real world championship would you most like to see replicated?

I'm referring to a fully fledged, highly detailed simulation that contains all the cars, teams, drivers, tracks, rules, regulations and formats of the real deal - a proper, hardcore racing sim that replicates the real thing as closely as possible.

Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

View attachment 387222
1967-68-69 Trans Am Road Racing with all the detail as ACC has today! http://www.historictransam.com/Drivers/BillBryan68Firebird26.html

Indycar would be nice. But truly a fan of classic/vintage stuff, Can Am, Group C, Classic 60's tin tops...(St. Mary's type stuff)......etc............
18673232_1338850752876497_3893272755702757379_o.jpg

90's BTCC and Indycar.

While both are available as content and mods for other games it would be great to see dedicated games for them, with the right tracks and rules etc

Oh and from left field...a Ferrari Challenge with all cars from the 348 to the current 488s.

Too much to choose from, there have been so many amazing racing series over the years.
My personal favourite would be a game centered around the Indy Racing League, being a young driver / team struggling in CART competition, moving to the new series and trying to find success on America's oval tracks before the big teams join in the early 2000s.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.