Comment: Tell Us Your Sim Racing 2017 Highlights...

Dusting off my DFGT and getting back into sim racing. Buying a new gaming pc, triple monitors and a t300. Joining RD premium and joining my first ever online club race. Spontaneous buy of club sport v3 inverted pedals in the Black Friday sales (Thanks to the Aussie club guys for convincing me to do this). Getting more consistency and pace, and a top 10 finish in the Bathurst Aussie club race in the Brazilian v8's.

Hoping for many more fun club races in 2018, and working on consistency.

Last edited:
I looked at my results folder for Automobilista and found I have run many more sessions than I thought this past year. When I "retired" from being an admin at RD I was planning on scaling back on my driving but it seems I still run practices for events, both online and off as well as running in sessions that follow real world events, which was something that I liked to do when presenting club race events.

My limited number of cars and tracks for RRE keeps me from doing too much there. I still go back to GSC and yes, really, Race 07 to drive some cars/ tracks that have become personal fav's.

My signups for club events has become limited, my life away from racing everyday has allowed me to enjoy more, different things. Beyond "timing" a physical issue with my hands does keep me from participating at times and at times my participating causes issues with my hands. Hoping you don't find out about that as you get older!

I've noticed that, although I'm still fairly new to sim racing, I've gotten a lot cleaner and can generally handle myself well in traffic. This has been the hardest part for me. Anyone can hotlap around a track and get a great lap time, but doing so without bumping or spinning the cars next to you is very challenging. I still make the occasional mistake but hope to remedy that in 2018.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back