Coming back to sim racing

I pulled out my old G25 over Christmas, did a bit of LFS racing. But it wouldn't fix to my new table (too thick) so it was wires coming across open plan room to the island with my gas hob! In addition my shifter has broken. When I got an invite this week to test trophi.ai from Driver61, I decided it might be a good time to look at upgrades, as having only 2 buttons on the G25 was never great (especially in VR), and even worse this time when I couldn't fit my keyboard between the G25 and my gas hob, lol.

For a low budget (new or used) I want to ensure:

FF and pedals at least as good as G25 (happy to use old pedals if adaptor is cheap)
More wheel buttons than G25
Reliability/build quality similar to G25 (or at least as good as first wheel, guillemot/logitech Ferrari FF, which lasted a decent amount of time)
Ideally can fit my thick table (mounting surface depth 55mm), or other option is IKEA Kallax shelving unit that holds the square boxes (depth 38mm) as long as the pedals will fit in one of the squares (width 336mm)

I'm kicking myself I didn't buy the G27 I saw 2 days ago on eBay for £70 as I wanted to research first. If anyone is selling a wheel set, I'm ok with broken shifter or pedals, as long as wheel and shift paddles work and I can use my G25 pedals with it
Ideally

Googl Camus C5 or Moza R5, these 2 are DDs. If to expensive go used T300RS :)
Wow, these seem like excellent choices. Thanks for cutting down my options for me, things have moved on so much in the last 20 years it is overwhelming now! Looks like the first two you mention are £250/125 new in the UK, so I'll research the differences. Thank you

[Edit] seems the £125 is for just a replacement wheel for Moza, not the whole unit

[Edit2] Camus mounting bracket £20, pedals £50 or load cell pedals £240

Last edited:
Hope this helps someone in future. I discovered some eBay auctions for t300rs wheel without pedals, which is a good option for me on a budget to get a similar quality wheel with more buttons.

And I discovered USB adaptor for G25 pedals from Leo Bodnar for £30, which also gives 10bit resolution and 4ms response rate as a side benefit (unsure if improvement is noticeable?).

Finally, gtEye brake pedal upgrade spring is now only £8 including postage on eBay! When I first heard of these coming out, a full set was £60 including postage, which I couldn't justify.

So, for perhaps a little over £150 I can have a wheel with more buttons and upgrade my pedal set with improved feel, more accuracy, and better response time :)

Last edited:
You could find a G29 for less than that. I had one years back that cost about 150 quid second hand and they'd be much cheaper now as they are getting on in years. The pedals are a bit better than the G25s - had both - and the wheel has more buttons as they migrated from the G25 shifter to the wheel.

Looks like you are on the right path :)
Load cell pedals are the way to go, but for now I guess stick with used T300RS (which is better than G29, according to YT) and the pedals you already have. But keep an eye on a used load cell pedals.

ps. I had G29+pedals+shifter. Upgraded pedals with used Fanatec V3s and half a year later upgraded my g29 with Logitech DD pro, also used :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back