COM conflict (Simtools vs Simhub)

Hi. I have purchased a seat mover which works with Simtools. The problem is that the seat doesn't move if I have Simhub opened at the same time (I use Simhub to control my shakers).

I think this must be a conflict between both programs using the same COM port for comunicating with the game (Assetto Corsa).

With Simtools I am using COM5.

I have tried taking a look at the game configuration in Simhub, but all I have is this screen:

ac-simhub-settings.jpg

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Last edited:
I don't have either product, but I'm wondering if there's some kind of confusion going on here.
COM ports are generally used to communicate with hardware (whether physical or virtual). When programs talk to other programs, it's normally by another means, e.g. TCP or UDP packets to a specific port. If two programs try to use the same port but only one is supported by the game, you'll have issues. (One way around those issues would be a "repeater".)

In any case, I see you have now found a solution ;) (By the sound of it, the problem wasn't the comms to AC but Simhub messing up Simtool's COM port.)

Upvote 0
SimHub is such a intrusive software. I stopped to use it because 6 months ago it had erased 2 of the hardwares firmware in my pc and it was causing me a lot of port conflicts even after hardcoded it. I simply deleted it.

Upvote 0
Yes, and it works in Dirt R2.0 and ACC, but in AC it doesn't work correctly, for all games it is necessary to launch the simtoolls / the game / and when the game is already started launch the simhub ....

Upvote 0
I just had this problem that simtools didn’t work if simhub was started first. The problem was that in aurdinio it was set to scan all ports inclusive the ones for my motion. I removed all scanning there, restarted simhub and the problem was gone. Maybe it helps someone.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back