F1 2020 Colour finish??

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)
So, i tried to do metallic livery | ff3500 | and after i saved my s.tif file, it did not make the colour finish and it also darken my livery, If I do that with Matte colour finish (cant remember the hex code rn) its all good? So my question is, what am I doing wrong that my colour finishes do not work well ?

sry for my english

So, i tried to do metallic livery | ff3500 | and after i saved my s.tif file, it did not make the colour finish and it also darken my livery, If I do that with Matte colour finish (cant remember the hex code rn) its all good? So my question is, what am I doing wrong that my colour finishes do not work well ?

sry for my english
Which car are you modding? The easiest car to mod, IMHO, is the racenet. Some of the other cars have specular limitations. The finishing guide is here.

finishes.png

This is what I use. And it has worked very well so far.
SpecularMaps.png

Cheers

Which car are you modding? The easiest car to mod, IMHO, is the racenet. Some of the other cars have specular limitations. The finishing guide is here.

View attachment 476295
This is what I use. And it has worked very well so far.
View attachment 476296

Cheers
thanks, ima tryout, if it wont work again, i will send some picks so its easier to understand, also is it possible for you to send me link to download this livery, its lit and i might learn some paterns from it ?

thanks, ima tryout, if it wont work again, i will send some picks so its easier to understand, also is it possible for you to send me link to download this livery, its lit and i might learn some paterns from it ?
1621667055153.png

notchrome.png

2 things, 1. this is first time i did 2 coulour finish and it did not turn black the skin or pale
2. as you can see i set red colour and white colour chrome and black to glossy and it turned whole livery to glossy, so I have no idea what happen.

as Maabus said, he uses racenet, i tried racenet, but its still all glossy even that you can see i used 2 colour finishes.
FYI, I never test out chrome finishes in the customization screens. Chrome needs an environment map to be really effective, and the customization screen sucks! I've seen ParkYongLee use the showroom to show off a chrome finish and that seems to work. I test out all my liveries out on track on a sunny day.

You may have actually done everything right, and it just looks wrong in customization. I did a quick test with the racenet livery and it works fine. My advice is to stay away from adding chrome to flat surfaces... it's not very effective IMHO.
Screenshot 2021-05-22 135144.png

in game... ( with a chrome helmet borrowed from one of my other mods)
Screenshot 2021-05-22 135145.png

.. using the below spec map. ( it's a really crappy map slapped together for this test in like 30 seconds.... and you can see the nasty logo outlines on the car. You will do a much better job I'm sure with your final mod. )
Screenshot 2021-05-22 135146.png

Cheers

FYI, I never test out chrome finishes in the customization screens. Chrome needs an environment map to be really effective, and the customization screen sucks! I've seen ParkYongLee use the showroom to show off a chrome finish and that seems to work. I test out all my liveries out on track on a sunny day.

You may have actually done everything right, and it just looks wrong in customization. I did a quick test with the racenet livery and it works fine. My advice is to stay away from adding chrome to flat surfaces... it's not very effective IMHO.
View attachment 476524
View attachment 476525
.. using the below spec map. ( it's a really crappy map slapped together for this test in like 30 seconds.... and you can see the nasty logo outlines on the car. You will do a much better job I'm sure with your final mod. )
View attachment 476526

Cheers
cheers mate, it actually works, seems pretty ****ed up, i discarded so many liveries just cuz of this xd

Last edited:

View attachment 476524
View attachment 476525
View attachment 476526

Cheers
i am also fascinated by the reality that you copied my livery just from picture in such a small time

i am also fascinated by the reality that you copied my livery just from picture in such a small time
;) It's all about tools and workflow. It really only takes about 15 - 20 minutes to create a livery once you know what you're doing.

BTW, the Apple McLaren F1 MyTeam car was my very first livery! It was an attempt at recreating a design by Tim Holmes. For livery inspirations I would check out Tim, Sean Bull, Mark Antar, and Andy Werner.
f1-2017-McLaren-Apple-F1.png

The mod was never uploaded. ;)
McLarenAppleF1.png

I look forward to seeing more of your work. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

;) It's all about tools and workflow. It really only takes about 15 - 20 minutes to create a livery once you know what you're doing.

BTW, the Apple McLaren F1 MyTeam car was my very first livery! It was an attempt at recreating a design by Tim Holmes. For livery inspirations I would check out Tim, Sean Bull, Mark Antar, and Andy Werner.
View attachment 476566
View attachment 476568

Cheers!
cheers mate, sure going to check out some of their work, it rlly looks same !

View attachment 476566
View attachment 476568

Cheers!
work with helmets?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back