• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Colin McRae: DiRT 2

Discussion in 'DiRT 2' started by Bram Hengeveld, May 29, 2009.

1. Mark Birney

Mark Birney
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Yup. The sad thing is, many of the people who play this (Americans mainly)will never of heard of Colin McRae. To them, it's just another Brian Lara's Cricket -_-

2. Brian Duddy

Brian Duddy

Ratings:
    +6
    Hey, I played some of the old CMR games, and I knew who he was...

...and speaking as an American, I can say that most of my countrymen would think that Brian Lara's Cricket was some new sort of insect >_>

3. Koray Can

Koray Can

Ratings:
    +0
    For what is worth, most Americans wouldn't know who Loeb is, either, let alone any 'former' rally drivers. WRC and WTCC get about maybe 5 minutes on the Speed Channel.

4. Kevin Watts

Kevin Watts

Ratings:
    +12
    I don't know about other territories but in the UK the box art still bears the name of Colin McRae. I like the games, they are not as realistic IMHO as the first few games on the PC but still good enough and fun to play but they are far removed from the original titles and cater more for the younger audience who like all the razzamatazz that goes with Ken Block. Thats fine but now Colin McRae has sadly left us I think its time to stop milking his name on these titles and just call them DIRT as I feel they have strayed from the true rally experience that Colin McRae name epitomised.

5. Trebor901

Trebor901

Ratings:
    +53
    DiRT 2 Car List via Screenshots

Now if you are or have been remotely looking forward to this game (as i was) you will be hugely dissapointed to hear that the standard game only comes with 25 cars. This most likely means that Codemasters will try and milk as much money out of people for DLC as they can.

It has at least made up my mind as to which racing title to buy in September.

Click the link below to view the cars that DiRT 2 will offer.

http://www.cynamite.de/_misc/galleries/detail.cfm?pk=2498&fk=121431&opv=gal&page=1&order=&aid=0

Attached Files:

6. Jamie R

Jamie R

Ratings:
    +40
    DLC packs are getting annoying.. As if pushing the price of the game up wasn't enough, they now aren't giving you as much as they used to.. But anyway, just because a DLC is there, doesn't mean you have to buy it, those 25 cars should be fine for me :D.

7. Bart Snijders

Bart Snijders
    Premium

Ratings:
    +24
    Must say i would indeed have liked some more Cars but seeing the trailers for the 1st time yesterday, and finding a nice deal for only €33,- for the XBox version it got me over I pre-ordered it and cant wait to try it out.

8. Trebor901

Trebor901

Ratings:
    +53
    Dirt 2 Finished Code Showcase

This is a showcase of what the finished game should be like.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeR4HXTzt80&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeR4HXTzt80[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUg3VJlUco[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFuJzEtOw04[/ame]

Attached Files:

9. Jamie R

Jamie R

Ratings:
    +40
    Well the graphics are amazing - especially those water effects!! :O.

But the game isn't looking anything special. Probably won't be buying this one.

10. Mark Birney

Mark Birney
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Atually looks good.. Can't wait to ram and piss off the French drivers and hear them complain :p

Tempted... May not be a sim, but looks fun.

11. Grégory Cogotti

Grégory Cogotti

Ratings:
    +0
    Too arcade for me, but the graphics are awesome! Simbin it's time to improve the graphics for your sim :)

12. Ben Buitendijk

Ben Buitendijk

Ratings:
    +2
    "don't do that"

xD

13. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    RaceDepartment Co-Founder Premium

Ratings:
    +257
    Can't wait to try. Enjoyed Dirt (1) very much. Yes its arcade rally, but still nice gameplay. This looks brilliant again :)

14. Trebor901

Trebor901

Ratings:
    +53
    I hate the fact that these days they release demo's so close or after the release date. I'm waiting for the Shift demo to decide whether to pre order or not and possibly the demo for this.

15. Mark Birney

Mark Birney
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Lol, there's an acievment on the 3rd video called "Two cups one girl" O_O

I normally don't lik all these "hip" games, but this is like Skate for Racing fans :D Game looks fantastic, just look at the windshield as he goes through the water. This + Richard Burns Rally = Hit!

Hehe, the Irish guy actually sounds Irish too :) No cheesy accents here!

16. William Yunck

William Yunck

Ratings:
    +28
    I found Dirt a huge disappoinment, integration with the g25 was horrible, and the replay graphics seemed not so good compared even to my old microsoft Rally Sport Challenge game.
    What I want is a new Rally game that has true simulation physics.....is that too much to ask? :)

17. Peter Duivelaar

Peter Duivelaar

Ratings:
    +26
    Buy Richard Burns Rally!

18. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
    This week there is going to be a demo of Dirt. Can't wait to try it out. :)

19. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    Did you set the linearity to 0 in controls menu? That improves the handling a lot! Of course there's still too much grip but the car at least does what you want:)

20. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
    Dirt(y) Shoes?

Somebody want to win some shoes? :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SaZrxtZYWM[/ame]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.