cold tires

hello fellow racers

im driving the audi r8 lms 16
but i cannot get any heat in my medium tires ,i see the ai players taking tigther lines in the curves.
so can someone explain or lead me to a setup that works.

lars bengtsson

Monza is probably the hardest Kunos track to keep heat within the tires. There is just too much straight road and straight road makes tires lose their heat. I have always been curious about the rate at which heat dissipates from tires. It seems a bit too fast, but that's just my uneducated opinion based on no data or experience.

There isn't much you can do, but "blue tyres" aren't end of the world, they are still sticky as hell, just not optimally sticky. Focus on having pressure close to optimum (preferably from below) and concentrate on driving. Because unfortunately the best way to heat up tyres is to drive faster.

Also a note on camber: it's common internet knowledge that more camber = more heat, but the actual heat comes mostly from ability to drive harder with higher camber... that's fine and dandy for normal cars, but default setup of R8 LMS 2016 is pretty spot on already and you won't get any more speed and heat out of camber there.

ps: if you drive default setup (i guess thats what you are driving since you mentioned mediums) 1:51.3 isn't that bad, as default set is something like 2s behind the "a fast lap" TaknMdwN mentions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back