Clutching?

M

Marius Erlandsen

• Marius Erlandsen

I am relatively new to racing and was just wondering if you guys use the clutch when shifting? Seems to me it works just fine without clutching, but I sort of feel as though I may be cheating in a way...

So, are you supposed to use the clutch or not?

I've noticed that without autoclutch the engine takes a beating when downshifting carelessly. Wouldn't knew it otherwise but i have noticed when driving enduro the engine percentage lowers a bit. With the F430/P997 mod this is more noticable where especially the Ferrari has a very damage-prone engine. Uncorrect downshifting can blow up your engine in 4 laps or less. The clutch however will work forever and same goes for transmission. Never had any failures with them.

LFS is so different that try once driving with Evo and jump straight to LFS you'll just suck :) The otherway around is not so bad.

might be an odd setup' but i set my g25 up before id read any info in forums
im set to 200 degrees in logitec profiler and always have lock maxed :S main reason i set rotation to 200 was to match my wheel movements with the wheel in the in cockpit view. found it really odd moving at diferent rates. very tempted to try some diferent settings and see if it improves my times any. can always go back to it :D

• Ariff Roose

What about double declutching? Im saving up money for a G25 and wondering if they would actually make the car shift down faster and stuff...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back