rF2 CLUB VSC2 @ Sebring by night - Wed 29th Oct

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I just looked and forgot that I had signed up, I wanted to race but lost my main monitor on Sunday night and just got a new one today. Sorry about that. I hate I had to miss this great night race. :(

really looked forward to this race. however, sadly, aside from someone spinning me out on a formation lap (!), once we had restarted and done the formation lap, i incurred 2 driver thrus and a 3 lap penalty. so i served one drive thru...and the next, didn't register that i had driven through. so i quit. shame so i will have to practise for the vsc saturday now AND re-install build 798 (!) thanks for organising. we live and learn ...so if anyone finds out why all the drive thrus...please let me know as its clear others had this problem. cheers for organising ;-)

Soz for the tag on the formation lap, you braked in front of me suddenly and had no where to go, I hit you tho so my fault.

Like you I was really looking forward to the race but on the 1st few laps it kept saying stay behind ....... and then I was handed a drive through and 2 lap penalty I even had a blue flag for Joao Fernandes who was on the lead lap like me. Bearing in mind I was the only GT car that got this there was no point continuing as I was just lapping on my tod and you were all 2 laps ahead of me, I stayed in for 15 mins to see what would happen but yeah, such a shame!

Shame we couldn't have restarted seeing as you all had drive thrus any way....?

I love this track and the cars so proper gutted, was looking forward to this all day...oh well!

no problem @Jason Skyring ..i was just frustrated. hope to see you at more races. i seemed to have a bit of lag but might be because my daughter was watching youtube and using my ethernet cable. the bugs would have ruined it anyway. cheers ;-)

I think that was my biggest question about how this would play out, If everybody had lmp's and 1 person had gt or vice versa it probably wouldn't be much fun, so I was thinking until my monitor went out, that I would wait until I got into server the day of the race to see what everybody was driving. Maybe we can to a random assign on future races like this. Maybe not a good solution on a test race for a league, just throwing it out there.

I have no idea why I was given a DT and 2 lap penalty absolute rubbish!!! Ruined what was set to be a awesome race!!!

There were 5 LMP and 5 gts so it was set to be great race .

The only comfort I can take is got pole in the gt class

I think that was my biggest question about how this would play out, If everybody had lmp's and 1 person had gt or vice versa it probably wouldn't be much fun, so I was thinking until my monitor went out, that I would wait until I got into server the day of the race to see what everybody was driving. Maybe we can to a random assign on future races like this. Maybe not a good solution on a test race for a league, just throwing it out there.

Only had a few sign ups last time.

Roll on Friday and the GSCE race. I need my weekly sim racing fix man!! Today I'm just annoyed!!

I have no idea why I was given a DT and 2 lap penalty absolute rubbish!!! Ruined what was set to be a awesome race!!!

There were 5 LMP and 5 gts so it was set to be great race .

The only comfort I can take is got pole in the gt class
Oh, I misread I thought you said you were the only GT, my bad. Nevermind

:unsure:

Sorry guys, it was a bit weird... green flag was given 2,5 lap in the race. :O_o:
I think top 5 (+/- all lmp's) got a S/G and were a lap down... :O_o:

I served my S/G and continued the race.
After the confusion, I had great fun chasing Yuri. :cool: Looks promising for Saturday. :geek:
And Thanx for pushing me to the finish Joao. :thumbsup: Never would have made it without you. :)

I
:unsure:

Sorry guys, it was a bit weird... green flag was given 2,5 lap in the race. :O_o:
I think top 5 (+/- all lmp's) got a S/G and were a lap down... :O_o:

I served my S/G and continued the race.
After the confusion, I had great fun chasing Yuri. :cool: Looks promising for Saturday. :geek:
And Thanx for pushing me to the finish Joao. :thumbsup: Never would have made it without you. :)

I was also given a penalty and placed 2 laps down but I was a GT :thumbsdown:

I didn't receive any penalty but it was weird seeing some people going to the pits on the firs few laps. It was weird but kept going and for some laps i was first.:D

Then the LMP1s finally recovered the lost time and flew by my slow GTE.:p

Those extra laps at the beginning made me start the fuel savings right there. A mix of slow laps with some fast ones through out the race was enough to get to the final lap with 1lt left. It was even enough to push Gijs to the finish line.;)

I didn't receive any penalty but it was weird seeing some people going to the pits on the firs few laps. It was weird but kept going and for some laps i was first.:D

Then the LMP1s finally recovered the lost time and flew by my slow GTE.:p

Those extra laps at the beginning made me start the fuel savings right there. A mix of slow laps with some fast ones through out the race was enough to get to the final lap with 1lt left. It was even enough to push Gijs to the finish line.;)

I was looking forward to having a good battle with you but on that 2nd or 3rd lap when it put me 2 laps down I had the blue flag to let you by.

how were your tyres?

I was looking forward to having a good battle with you but on that 2nd or 3rd lap when it put me 2 laps down I had the blue flag to let you by.

how were your tyres?

Looking at the lap times it could be an interesting race between us. It's a shame that the start was chaotic.

Since I was alone with nobody to battle i didn't push that much and with the fuel savings the tires were not that bad. I think i had around 65% on the fronts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back