Cloudy/overcast skies?

Hello everyone,

Just picked up my PC last week (coming from PS4) and picked up a couple of games, Automobilista being one of them. I am totally new to the whole PC thing so please be gentle, lol!

I have some issues with my eyes and brightness really tends to bother them. I am hoping there is a way that I have missed somewhere to make it cloudy or overcast as the bight blue skies get to me after a short time. Anything I can do?

Thank you for any help

The tracks are pretty much all set to load random skies. Any track could be edited but then you are going to mismatch on any server. So if you wanted to change the track clouds, one thing have done to get like "always very cloudy skies" is open the .scn files and change this line:
MASRandomFile=CloudsRandomA
To this:
MASRandomFile=CloudsRandomA2

But I would suggest you should try some of the many newly added sweetfx presets to see if there is one that may not affect your eyes so much. Those settings can majorly change the way the graphics look and is way easier than manipulating scn files. ;)

Thank you very much for the response Dann. I didn't use the sweetfx presets because I didn't know about setting up AA and all of that, kinda in over my head a bit at the moment :laugh:! I guess I need to look into setting up the graphics a bit more but it all seems so daunting.

I will say, Formula V12 :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: whoooa, if for nothing else the game is worth it right there.

I think it will be mine too! The sense of speed is incredible and the force feedback blows me away. I am really impressed. I just need to wrap my head around the graphics (this ain't no PS4;)) to get things right with the jaggies...in due time.

You will really notice the difference in graphics when you get it setup right via using nvidia inspector if you have a nvidia Card...

Hey there Rob, thanks for the reply. I actually did do all of that but I didn't notice much change. It actually looks good, maybe I am expecting too much. I am going to go through it again just to be sure I did it right.

Another question. Any way to remove the reflections from the Formula V12? I will try turning down graphics settings and see if that helps, didn't know if there was another "black magic" way of doing it like the clouds settings lol.

Thank you again!

One "black magic" method would I have used to lessen the glare of any car is to edit the dds file livery in photoshop. If you black out the alpha layer it dulls the car pretty good.

Proper alpha layer:
8B174B965ACAF60F1897E34CCB976227BA3E31C3

Black alpha layer:
50A76771F8B446F793C0CAFBA4DF5C994ADF2835

One "black magic" method would I have used to lessen the glare of any car is to edit the dds file livery in photoshop. If you black out the alpha layer it dulls the car pretty good.

Proper alpha layer:
8B174B965ACAF60F1897E34CCB976227BA3E31C3

Black alpha layer:
50A76771F8B446F793C0CAFBA4DF5C994ADF2835
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking! ;);) lol. I actually have a friend who is good with PhotoShop and I will ask him for help.

Thank you for your help again!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back