rF2 Clio Cup @ Kinnekulle - Tue Aug 31th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Jumped in the server with no practice but with it being such a short track and one of my favourites I was on the pace fairly quickly.

Q1: Pole - but not a perfect lap.

R1: Got the old 'ghost' problem again - no start lights for me so could only set off when I saw the cars behind move. Managed not to lose too much and was in 2nd by T2. Tried to pass Eddie into T2 on lap 2 but misjudged and went onto the grass, just managed to rejoin in 2nd. Caught back up to Eddie a couple of laps later and when he made a small error I went straight through.

Tried to build a little gap and I did and everything was going nicely until a loss of concentration at T4 saw me go off and Ivo just nipped through. Pressured Ivo and we were very even for a few laps. Ivo made a mistake which led me to a couple more errors. Tried to pressure him into T2, he held the inside, and at the last second I went to the outside. Ivo went off and apparently I made contact, although nothing showed in my screen or replay, so sorry about that dude :).

So I carried along my merry way, with another nice little lead, only to go off in the exact same place again. Butcher and Eddie went straight past. Got past Eddie after a couple of laps, had much more speed. Then tried to close down Chris but he was too far ahead and I only made slight inroads so 2nd it was for me.

Q2: Second. Drove a great lap to go .2 faster than my pole and then Ivo, the jammy git, pipped me from nowhere :)

R2: Got away brilliantly - anticipated the lights well and took the lead. Reeled off some excellent laps to build a 2 second lead only to come a cropper at T4 again. Hit the wall pretty hard, juuust managed to say ahead of Ivo. Held off his challenge for a couple of laps until he dropped back into other battles and I took a comfortable win.

Lots of little offs, plenty of speed and a win and a second. Will do me. Thanks for the racing guys - love the Clios :)

In short: it's not my track. Just couldn't find the speed.

Race 1 was disastrous, started by plowing through crashing cars, then after a few laps I went too wide and got a puncture. So simply strolling towards the finish line.

Race 2 started better, at one point I started dicing with Paulo, which resulted in nice combo of 4-5 position changes (amongst 3 cars) in 1 turn. Sadly I kissed the exact same wall shortly after that; result was a significantly damaged front suspension, which made every turn a struggle. At least on the last laps I got pressed by Tomek and we had some fun right until the checkered flag.

I don't even bother to mention Qs or final positions ;).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back