AC Classic F1 Lotus 72D@Monza66, Tuesday 21st December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
to conpensate for the hard to see edges ive used the brake markers to rhythmically time some of the turns. Time it like a waltz...200, 2, 1, ...100, 2, 1, ...left, 2, 1. It helps me take the guessing out of it.

I'm doing exactly the same... :thumbsup: the distance markers are unreadable so its: "mark 3, mark 2, mark 1, turn!"
I'm still struggling with Parabolica but that's a braking thing. I'm down to 270 on the wheel's turn radius.

I ended up at 10% ffb. That seemed to take care of the clipping.
i hope you can make it because this race will be interesting. The white grass and white pavement make it a challenge to stay on the road, but it also makes it exiting and different.
to conpensate for the hard to see edges ive used the brake markers to rhythmically time some of the turns. Time it like a waltz...200, 2, 1, ...100, 2, 1, ...left, 2, 1. It helps me take the guessing out of it.
Ah. The white road / grass is because of our filter. It can be disabled, but I'm not remember how.

:inlove: I love this movie, part of my "racing collection" together with other titles.
"Grand Prix" has become a beautiful document of a romanticised era of F1,
marked by driver comraderie and extremely dangerous racing conditions.

Last edited:
I will likely attend but to be honest I still didnt find a solution for ffb setting as my T150 wheel ist gonna die on the banking if not reducing it drasticallly which unfortunately makes it nearly undriveable in the normal Corners. Maybe I find a fix .Cu later

I must withdraw from tonight's race... grrr... :cautious: Just got home with a light headache, and work's not finished yet. I'll put Chris' stream as "background music" while doing overtime. :coffee: Have fun at the old bankings chaps!

Last edited:
A great race, having been dicing with Steve so I had a good idea about drafting, I knew I needed to be about 4 car lengths away from Richard going into the last banking, overtaking some one who is as quick was not on, it would have turned into a I draft by you you draft by me.:confused:
I also knew, or thought I did, Richard was on a lower rear wing, that would have made me an easy target on every straight.
Plus I was not happy with close fighting with this car, it was going to end in tears, probably mine.:O_o:
I had it about timed right, but bugger me, thought I had one lap to go.:(
I was about in the right place too, but hey ho that’s how it goes, so a well done Axel, the lad is in a class of his own, well done to Richard for thwarting my plans, you Rotter.
C7E70686-645F-4A92-94DE-14FABE0325A9.jpeg
A very interesting race, not the norm. Great race Han @HF2000 .:)

Something was glitchy in my system today and my settings would randomly change if i hit something or if the bumps got too bad. It was like someone was pushing random buttons on the wheel, changing brake bias, pov, etc... i think it also affected my realtime app because it kept randomly changing when i watched the replay. So its hard to see who was who. That being said...

Apologies to either Han or Thomas, whoever it was i took out in parabolica in the first lap. I thought i broke early enough to make the turn in your inside, but i was wrong.

A few laps later i put a wheel in the grass in curva vialone and slid into the wall on the right, which ricocheted the car across the track and put me in the grass on the left of the track. As i sat in the grass, i was collected by another car who had also ended up in the grass and was trying to make his way back onto the road. (Han again?) Sorry about that , too.

Other than that it was great fun. I was in the back, but i wasnt slow enough for blue flags, so thats good.
At some point in the race i had another car in my sights, maybe 8 seconds ahead ( i think it was dennis). The gap closed slowly lap after lap, finally putting me around 2seconds behind. Maybe i got over exited, but i made a mistake and off i went. Once i got up to speed again the gap was wider than before.
This repeated a few times, the gap would be closing and i would make a mistake. Even little errors seemed to cost a whole lot of time. I never caught the other car but by the end of the race we were fairly close , 4 seconds-ish, maybe. The chase is the best part.
After wreaking a few times, having weird glitches, and making general driving errors, i was kinda annoyed early on. But by the time the race was over, i wished it would keep going for another hour! I didnt care what place i was in. I was having so much fun just driving and chasing!
Thanks again for a thrilling race, everyone!

What a race! Qualified 2nd but had a totally wrong 1st gear for a good start so I went 4th into the first corner. I won over Richard, but too impatient to wait for the straight to overtake. I tried that on the inside of Parabolica, but that's not a good plan with this car. So I went off track and now starting to catch up from 8th place. Twice I hit the grass with my rear tire when I forgot this is not LHD. So from 11th I could finally find my pace to catch up and overtake cars leading to 4th place at the end.

For me this is a great combo to learn more about setups. I tried a lot to have a high top speed, but also enough grip for the fast corners. Due to the high speed you can clearly feel the difference of the aerodynamic changes. For example, the adjustment of the front wing. In my race setup it was at 2 but when I bumped it up to 3 to get less understeer in Lesmo and Parabolica I got oversteer in T1 which knocked me off.

It's a shame I made so many mistakes as I had the pace for 2nd with probably some nice fights with Richard and Ernie.
On the other hand: now I had the pleasure of overtaking Chris Down, a kind of once in a lifetime experience!

Congratulations to Axel (incredible lap times :thumbsup:) and Richard and Ernie for the podium.
Thank you all for participating.
I'll see if I can think of an event that will also be fun with a small grid for next Tuesday.

If not, I hope to see you all on the track next year. I wish you all a good time with your loved ones and please stay safe and healthy.

Last edited:
I did not keep my "out" file, it was a 13 something, maybe a 12 something, he was about a second a lap quicker than us earthbound creatures. :)
perhaps someone can post the "out" file here.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.