AC Classic DTM @ Hockenheimring 1988 - Monday 02 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , love these cars and the track too:thumbsup: And congrats to the podium finishers in both races:)

Out of interest, did anyone else have a problem with cars in front disappearing into the right hander as you enter the stadium section? I almost took @Allan Ramsbottom out there:ninja:

First race was great, fun battle with Allan until I ran out of talent on the last lap. 2nd race was odd, 1st lap I was driven off the main straight by an Alfa when alongside - watched the replay, my Helicorsa shows the other car, but from the other's pov their Helicorsa didn't show me there at all:O_o: The car was an understeering piggy after that, but enjoyed getting back into the race nevertheless.

congrats and thx to all, very good moment,

special thx to Kev Russ for fight and fair ;) what a finish!!!
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_hockenheimring1988_2-9-119-23-40-13.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , love these cars and the track too:thumbsup: And congrats to the podium finishers in both races:)

Out of interest, did anyone else have a problem with cars in front disappearing into the right hander as you enter the stadium section? I almost took @Allan Ramsbottom out there:ninja:

First race was great, fun battle with Allan until I ran out of talent on the last lap. 2nd race was odd, 1st lap I was driven off the main straight by an Alfa when alongside - watched the replay, my Helicorsa shows the other car, but from the other's pov their Helicorsa didn't show me there at all:O_o: The car was an understeering piggy after that, but enjoyed getting back into the race nevertheless.

Yes John ..the track does have a few bugs :thumbsup:

indeed. there is a red thing on the track right before the right hander before the stadium. this is where cars tend to disapear and climb into the sky, to reappear later one somwhere before the next corner.. very very dangerous when you are following closely.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.. P4 in qual and P4 in race 2.. but catastrophic starts.. I really need to work on this or i'll lose 10 pos each time before the first corner :)

I could go into it all, as I was not involved, just referring to the replay out of interest, better not talk about specifics. one view of the replay showed "A" to be at fault, another view from the replay showed "B" to be at fault. the fact that one admitted it made choosing the correct replay easy. Was it my replay quality, lack of knowledge about viewing replays, I don't know, two replay views two points of view.:)
Just by going from one replay perspective only, made the other person look to be at fault.
:O_o:

Alfa alongside that's me...Though I got hit on my right rear side .( and spun )
But looking at the replay after reading this I can see I drove straight into your side :redface:.
Sorry @Medilloni . :(

Assetto corsa records if you look behind or to the sides ( like I do) trying to figure out why I moved to the left.
I look behind when we are alongside and I can just see the rear end of a bimmer I then correct my steering wheel a little to the right . I then move to the left right into you :confused:.

My guess is yesterday I didn't see that Bimmer rear end ( but I did today ) and though its clear on the left.
Yesterday I was certain I got hit on my rear right when I corrected my steering wheel to the right :confused::confused:

Alfa alongside that's me...Though I got hit on my right rear side .( and spun )
But looking at the replay after reading this I can see I drove straight into your side :redface:.
Sorry @Medilloni . :(

Assetto corsa records if you look behind or to the sides ( like I do) trying to figure out why I moved to the left.
I look behind when we are alongside and I can just see the rear end of a bimmer I then correct my steering wheel a little to the right . I then move to the left right into you :confused:.

My guess is yesterday I didn't see that Bimmer rear end ( but I did today ) and though its clear on the left.
Yesterday I was certain I got hit on my rear right when I corrected my steering wheel to the right :confused::confused:
No worries Stig, sh1t happens:), and I'd figured you'd no way of knowing I was there 'cos Helicorsa wasn't showing my position from your viewpoint, which I thought was weird because you showed up on mine:O_o:.

I had fun with this track and car. Thanks @Craig Dunkley for organizing the event.
Though I was a bit disappointed with my race performance, which was quite different from previous practice. Although I was very busy yesterday and I didn't get to warm up and just jumped into qualify, so that didn't help. I'm not at the point yet where I have a qualy and a race setup. For now, it's enough to tweek the setup for better control and speed. I usually only get about 5 to 8 hours a week at most of seat time so it's a slow process. Ronnie's flow chart is a big help :thumbsup:
For the next 2 weeks i'll have close to zero hours on the track but I'll be putting in over 1,000 Km in the family car as we will be away and going to about 5 different cities about our province. I'll try to refrain from thinking I'm on the track, the wife gets nervous, haha. But my Hyundai comes with a 6 speed semi auto Mitsubishi transmission which ups the fun factor a little :)
I'll miss being on the track with you guys for a bit and looking forward to returning to another one of Craig's great retro combos.:D
Have fun guys, and may everyone come in 1st :thumbsup:

I am truly sorry for all the guys I have hit beeing too enthusiastic or missing the braking point, being more concentrated on the gut behind, then on the markers. Sorry.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back