Circuit Of The Northwest

Tracks Circuit Of The Northwest 1.0 - Release

Login or Register an account to download this content

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods

Tyrone Hesbrook
Premium
Tyrone submitted a new resource:

Circuit Of The Northwest - The premier racing experience coming to the Pacific Northwest.

Circuit of the northwest is an upcoming track designed in the Pacific Northwest.

The Tilke-designed road course is a blast to drive, and although unfinished in real life (as of February 2022) This version of the track for Assetto Corsa has been designed using the real architectural drawings.

Full CSP compatability
  • Rain
  • Night Lighting
  • 28 Pitboxes with AI
  • 2 circuit layouts

This track...

Read more about this resource...

Left a review but wanted to say in more detail.

When doing a short sprint race (5 laps in this case) the AI pits in for no reason and completely kills it. I've observed this multiple times and affects mod cars from what I've seen.

Problem is some of these mod cars are URD, so the Detroit EGT, Bayro EGT, Arthur Merlin EGT, are all affected by it. If the URD cars are having problems then it isn't an issue with the vehicles, it's an issue with your track or AI lines.

Last edited:

When doing a short sprint race (5 laps in this case) the AI pits in for no reason and completely kills it. I've observed this multiple times and affects mod cars from what I've seen.

Problem is some of these mod cars are URD, so the Detroit EGT, Bayro EGT, Arthur Merlin EGT, are all affected by it. If the URD cars are having problems then it isn't an issue with the vehicles, it's an issue with your track or AI lines.
I have done Several 15 - 20 lap races with stock AC cars, as well as several mod cars. Do you get the issue with cars that are not the URD ones?

Maybe try changing the circuit length in the UI file is the AI cars base their fuel level on that?

That's not on the track itself...

Some of the URD cars, especially the old ones doesn't have the "fuel_cons.ini" inside their data.acd. I have several issues with that back then even on Kunos tracks.

To fix it, unpack the data.acd, create a fuel_cons.ini file, then repack the data folder....

I have tested the track with URD cars with that solution and have no pitting issues for the AI since.

Last edited:
That being said, I do have to agree about weird AI lines and the fact that the cars who went into the pits after a crash doesn't come out from the pits, completely stay in there....
I have this settings enabled to make sure every single car doesn't stay in pits after a crash and it works anywhere but here. Maybe you need to update the pitlane AI lines?
1644818945956.png

And about the weird AI lines, the first sector's line is weird because some corners are not taken in the fastest way.
First corner should've been taken as late apex corner instead of normal hairpin line, and the AI just went too slow and understeering at the undulating section of that sector they even went on to the gravel and forced to downshift very, very late, making it very slow.

Here's the AI clip to explain it better :

But other than that, everything looks nice. :thumbsup:

PS : Some other infos that you might add for the track's ui_track.json, at least for the main layout as I have zero data on the chicane layout's length. Maybe you can find it?
1644821178034.png

Last edited:
Thank you for your work!
On the main layout without chicane, the AI cars leave the pits through the pit wall, on the chicane layout everything is OK and the AI cars leave the pits through the pit exit. I tried to swap the pit_lane.ai of both layouts, but that didn't help.

screenshot attached to explain my review.
also the grass texture looks strange.

can we expect more details in an update?

Attachments

• Screenshot_ms_mazda_mx5_nd_circuit_of_the_northwest_main_27-1-122-11-38-9.png
    Screenshot_ms_mazda_mx5_nd_circuit_of_the_northwest_main_27-1-122-11-38-9.png
    685.7 KB · Views: 66

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back