CHILTERN DOWNS GP Circuit

Tracks CHILTERN DOWNS GP Circuit v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Caribstu submitted a new resource:

CHILTERN DOWNS GP Circuit - GTR2 Fictional UK Track

Chiltern Downs GP Circuit by Caribstu of Ripe Banana for GTR2
======================================

This is not a commercial project, and these tracks are free to use. But If you'd like to show appreciation for all the hard work and support me in buying a coffee, here's my Paypal RipeBanana@graphic-designer.com

Chiltern Downs GP is the first of my 20 tracks to be released.

[URL...

Read more about this resource...

Having trouble loading the circuit with or without the Settings step from the readme

Something about championship locked

Having trouble loading the circuit with or without the Settings step from the readme

Something about championship locked
Not sure why there would be an issue related to Championships. I'll ask some more experienced track builders.

The settings step is required as the track was originally built for the Mini Cooper mod that will be released later. Installing the JCW settings folder won't impact the game, but it's required as the GBD has settings text.
Apologies, this is my first track upload.

If you prefer not to install the JCW settings, here is an adjusted GDB file you can paste and overwrite so you don't need the JCW settings folder.

Thanks for the gdb, it's still causing an unexplicable dump crash, though when clicking on the track name

I'll try on my vanilla folder next...

Attachments

• gtr2-trace-231201.txt
    16.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I've checked with some others who've downloaded the track and they've run it without the LOCKED issue. Not sure what would cause that, there's no text in the GDB to tether the track to anything other than the JCW Settings folder, which you can avoid by overwriting the GDB with the update. Did you manage to get it to run? Or would you like me to post a thread in the forum perhaps someone can provide an answer?

Great circuit works well my only issue is the far distance looks to be shrouded in a mist
Is it a skybox issue. I run a 32" screen and it really shows up needs fixing

Great circuit works well my only issue is the far distance looks to be shrouded in a mist
Is it a skybox issue. I run a 32" screen and it really shows up needs fixing.
Thanks for the feedback. Initial thought is it may be a shader setting issue. I'll look into it this week and if it can be fixed I'll upload an update.

The concept here reminds me of a track many years ago - Mixtur? Mixta? - by Tantra. It was essentially a copy/paste of famous turns from different tracks stitched together to make a new track; very difficult to learn because you were so accustomed to certain turns leading to certain other sections of track, but here they didn't.

Is it a skybox issue. I run a 32" screen and it really shows up needs fixing

Unless it is blatant rather than gradual, this is realistic. In RL you will not see something a half mile away with the same clarity as something fifty feet away. Some sims have adjustments in the track files for fog density/distance, better to fade into fog than see the "end" of the terrain or have perfect sharpness and contrast two miles away.

Unless it is blatant rather than gradual, this is realistic. In RL you will not see something a half mile away with the same clarity as something fifty feet away. Some sims have adjustments in the track files for fog density/distance, better to fade into fog than see the "end" of the terrain or have perfect sharpness and contrast two miles away.
I was looking into it last night. What i realized is i've laid a terrain object below the track build to create hillsides with customized vegetation textures. Rather than the generic BKAA / BKBB skybox horizon textures. I noticed that when running the track, compared to the standard skybox horizon, this terrain object does appear white.

The easiest solution would be to delete the terrain object, unless there's a shader/texture setting which could make the object appear distant but not 'foggy'.

About eight years ago I made a video using F1 onboard cam and blended them together to create the 'Ultimate' F1 track. Replicating the video was my initial objective, but early on in the build i realized in order to create a more realistic feeling and flowing driving experience, i needed to drop some sections and use 'creative license' in how the remaining sections blended.

I wanted it to feel more like a circuit in it's own right than a patched together track, but without losing the concept of the 'ultimate' F1 corners.

Last edited:
Reactions: jgf
I think I understand now what Powerslider means in their review by 'staircase effect' . It is highly probable this is an anti aliasing issue which I believe can be resolved following Shovas AA settings recommended in the linked guide :

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.