DiRT Rally 2.0 Check Out These New DiRT Rally 2.0 Preview Images

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
With DiRT Rally 2.0 recently announced, Codemasters thought it the right time to give some love to the new for the series Audi S1 EKS EX quattro and the PSRX VW Polo GTi…

Coming to the DiRT franchise for the first time, the incredibly powerful and mightily impressive Audi S1 EKS EX quattro and the PSRX VW Polo GTi FIA World Rallycross machines are some of the highlight cars of the upcoming DiRT Rally 2.0, and to help celebrate their inclusion and keep that hype train rolling ever onwards, developers Codemasters have revealed some nice new preview images to get all excited about...

Dirt Rally 2 preview 1.jpg

Participating in the 2018 FIA World Rallycross Championship, both cars are some of the most impressive and competitive machinery of the current generation of WRX car, and field some of the finest drivers to grace the championship in recent seasons too...

The Audi S1 EKS EX quattro pictured above is that of former DTM champion and all round motorsport superstar Mattias Ekström and team mate Andreas Bakkerud. Based in Sweden, the team have been one of the more prominent members of recent WRX seasons, not more so than in 2018 where Ekström currently sits second in the standings with just two rounds of the current season remaining.

Dirt Rally 2 Preview 3.jpg

In the VW camp, DiRT Rally 2.0 will feature the equally impressive PSRX VW Polo GTi of none other than former World Rally Champion and all round nice guy Petter Solberg, staring in his own team alongside the very talented Johan Kristoffersson. Solberg, WRC champion of 2003, currently sits in third position in the standings, just behind Ekström and the dominant Johan Kristoffersson at the head of the table.

So far, so good!

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

dirt rally 2 preview 2.jpg

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to DiRT 2.0? Happy to see further focus on Rallycross content? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Definitely, especially if it follows the original Dirt Rally experience. In fact, I would say that there is a growing trend towards more realistic racing games vs the "arcade" now in contrast of what we've seen in the past.

"According to Chief Games Designer Ross Gowing, the DiRT community wanted traditional set stages so that they can “practice and familiarise themselves with the route over and over“." (https://www.teamvvv.com/news/dirt-rally-2-0s-stages-are-bespoke-stage-generator-not-used/, 12 October 2018).
Are they taking the p*ss?
We don't want to "practise and familiarise" ourself with the same bloody stage over and over again! The lack of stages - and stage editor - in Dirt Rally was laughable and most certainly hurt the game's value.
Judging by this utterance, I do not see any interest in actually improving the biggest flaw of the game, but veiling it behind marketing gibberish.
Showing such an utter disconnect with their own customers makes me not look forward to this game.

"According to Chief Games Designer Ross Gowing, the DiRT community wanted traditional set stages so that they can “practice and familiarise themselves with the route over and over“." (https://www.teamvvv.com/news/dirt-rally-2-0s-stages-are-bespoke-stage-generator-not-used/, 12 October 2018).
We don't want to "practise and familiarise" ourself with the same bloody stage over and over again! The lack of stages - and stage editor - in Dirt Rally was laughable and most certainly hurt the game's value.
Judging by this utterance, I do not see any interest in actually improving the biggest flaw of the game, but veiling it behind marketing gibberish.
Showing such an utter disconnect with their own customers makes me not look forward to this game.

I thought it was obvious to everyone by now that Codies are in it manly for the $$$ ;)

If they were serious they would make a really good game and improve on that and releasing DLC's.

Just like the serious companies like Kunos !

Agree 100%.
Like we can't have track generator and still practice our asses out in [a few of] our favorite stages ?? For the love of the Lord... really ? :confused::alien:
No track random generator CAUSE WE DON'T WANT IT ? Well **** me hard.

The hesitation on VR does bother me...... If there is interest...? Do they not read about other sims and the complaints about no VR? Seems strange that the original has it and they aren't automatically putting it into 2...

Meh I wasnt overly impressed by Dirt rally tho it was a step forward compared to past editions.....I love rallyX but they are gonna have to up there game more than this, espically with track tech before I switch from iracing & pc2 I have both of those cars, Peugot, Renault, mercedes, ford and the rx2 lite fiesta the majority of tracks in PC2 plus vr, loose surface physics, live track, weather better graphics and ffb.
Iracing covers my online racing

Looking forward to DiRT 2.0? Happy to see further focus on Rallycross content? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
Personally I am looking forward to DR 2.0, especially if they get the Tarmac handling better than DR 1 and keep or improve the Gravel handling...this will be a quick purchase for sure as I find myself just driving on the Gravel Stages all the time as it is very satisfying when Driving using H-Pattern with Clutch and my TSS Sparco Handbrake Mod to get that Scandinavian Flick happening just right...just pure heaven...LOL
Rallycross...have not been that interested in this, but will give it a go in game.

I really do remember seeing a ton of feedback in forums and gaming sites about DiRT 4's stage generator producing non-memorable stages as a complaint, but at the same time, i always thought the point of rally was to have randimosity in not knowing the stage. The most fun i ever have in a rally game is the first time doing the stage. I still think they shouldve stuck with the generator and just refined it, but that's my opinion. i can understand not doing both cause that would be a ton of work and make consistency between the two difficult, so doing one or the other was always what i thought would happen.

i always thought the point of rally was to have randimosity in not knowing the stage. The most fun i ever have in a rally game is the first time doing the stage
To be fair, the real life drivers/co-drivers do kinda know the stages themselves, at least in certain events, since many sections are repeated each year (and sometimes even within the same event, I believe), plus there's recce.

(BTW, if you like driving blind and can tolerate simplistic car/vehicle handling and some technical issues yet to be polished out, Dakar 18 might be the game for you. The stages are generally between 40-80 minutes long and that's with the fastest cars and if you don't get lost too much.)

The main issue with the stage generation in Dirt4 was with repeating tiles; I'd get these reoccurring moments of deja vu because of it. There just needs to be a lot more variety in the tiles and then it could probably work well enough but, D4 has a lot more issues than just that.

I really didn't mind the set stages in DR as I don't play it enough to memorize all of them, especially with other titles to play. Still, I think DLC is the way to go to inject fresh content and sustain interest in titles for longer periods.

To be fair, the real life drivers/co-drivers do kinda know the stages themselves, at least in certain events, since many sections are repeated each year (and sometimes even within the same event, I believe), plus there's recce.

(BTW, if you like driving blind and can tolerate simplistic car/vehicle handling and some technical issues yet to be polished out, Dakar 18 might be the game for you. The stages are generally between 40-80 minutes long and that's with the fastest cars and if you don't get lost too much.)

And you probably will get lost too much. I know I do - all the frigging time.:p:p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.