Check Out the New iRacing Porsche 911 RSR and Belle Isle Street Circuit

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Belle Island 1.jpg iRacing Belle Island 2.jpg iRacing Belle Island 3.jpg iRacing Belle Island 4.jpg iRacing Belle Island 5.jpg iRacing Belle Island 6.jpg
Check out the Porsche 911 RSR and Belle Isle Street Circuit coming to iRacing in the very near future....

It looks like exciting times ahead for iRacing fans, with news that both new pieces of content are set to hit the simulation this June 5th - marking a welcome return to the world of circuit racing following what has been a very strong focus on dirt oval content in recent months...

The 911 RSR looks set to be the third Porsche added to the simulation following release of the 919 Hybrid Prototype and 911 GT3 Cup machine, and looks set to add another very interesting GT car to an already very robust line-up of closed top racing content.

As for Belle Island, or running under the probably better known title of the Detroit Street Circuit for Grand Prix fans of a certain age, should also make a very interesting addition to the simulation, adding a very challenging track that has been home to the American IndyCar series in recent years.

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to a new Porsche and new street circuit in iRacing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I cannot wait for the AI to be implemented. Is there any time frame for when that will be available?
Agreed... the longer I play iRacing, the less I want to race against most of the morons that populate that service.
I’ve really taken a shine to AI of late.. iRacing and AI should be a great combo! Hopefully they can get it right!

randMracer

Shut Up and Race!
Calmly waiting for the iRacing defenders to come in. Not really :D but I agree that AI implementation would bring back a lot of people that were not satisfied with the original experience. It would definitely bring in more cash flow.

I think ai will fill unpopulated servers,they couldn’t do it standalone,otherwise people would gravitate away from what iracing stands for,online racing.

Heaven sent for me as I live in Australia where servers can be tumbleweeds.

Day and Night transitions?, Performance problems?, real implementation of dynamic shadows and dynamic reflections?, multi cpu core support?....etc. More content really?. For tracks and cars GT sport or Forza.
GT Sport is such a good platform and it has the potential to be the best experience out there... but it needs a PC port (never gonna happen) and more realistic race weekend style single event or championship modes..
I love the driving experience though... great fun...
Forza though.. for me.. not even in the same league..

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

I cannot wait for the AI to be implemented.
damn nooooo.... I totally understand that AI is great for drivers who wants to have race without irating system, but i'm affraid this will decrease participation (...wait and see...)

the longer I play iRacing, the less I want to race against most of the morons that populate that service.
??? You got same IR as me, so i'm surprised about your comment ... we have absolutely no problem on top splits...(even in le Mans Serie when dangerous lmp1 drivers are slower than us with our lmp2)
@++

??? You got same IR as me, so i'm surprised about your comment ... we have absolutely no problem on top splits...(even in le Mans Serie when dangerous lmp1 drivers are slower than us with our lmp2)
@++
Yeah.. Top splits or not doesn't matter in series like skips, GT3, or even IMSA... you still get punted... iRacers seem to think that if they can sit on your tail then you should get out of their way.. and they are happy to help you out of their way rather than actually trying to overtake.. my irating is a reflection of how many times i've been taken out in good scoring position... it should be closer to 4000

patience, young padawan, patience
just go to an open server in any other racing game and after 1 lap or even less you will come back to iracing with arms and heart wide open
at least that was my experience when i tried out another title's open servers some months back, took less than five minutes to convince me the sr system does have its good sides
i really cannot understand all the ranting, but maybe i am just too "slow" to realize how daft the other players are, maybe its more civilized at the lower end of the grid, who knows
league racing beats it all when it comes to player friendliness, but iRacing is a clear second

Reactions: F_B
plus they apparently have rebranded their rallycross content since the real life series went belly up. iRX makes sense and logo looks good. suppose all rally x tracks and the load screens will be redone in the june5th update.
for me: one buy (belle isle) and two more cars i won't buy but which will make competition livelier/more varied when i'm on a server with either the ferrari lgt or the beetle rallyx. looking forward.

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

yeah, will buy Belle Isle, for sure, and...the Porsche will join my "maybe one day"'cars...(never done an official race with GTE, did the entire "le mans serie" with lmp2)
I tried rallyX, did 8-9 races, won 2-3, and stopped (not really enjoyed that) so I do not own the fiesta (the only car in the service that i do ont own), the Subaru will be the second... but thx farjam to point it ;)
@++

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%