GT Sport Check out the New GT Sport Custom Paint Feature Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Livery Editor.jpg

Details of the new customer livery editor from Gran Turismo Sport have surfaced, showing a powerful tool for designing liveries in the upcoming new GT Sport title.

Delivered courtesy of the team from PlayStation Access, the brief new video gives us a very first look at the brand new livery editor that has been included in the upcoming Gran Turismo Sport racing game on PlayStation 4.

Now those with a grounding in PC racing games are well aware of the power of creating custom liveries, with most online racing leagues requiring your own dedicated paint scheme before entering the league, and with real world replica schemes going a long way towards filling up grids of cars to make for semi complete full racing series from around the world.

Unfortunately for those limited to just console racing, the ability to mod and paint as is in PC versions of racing titles don't have the advantage of creating scores of liveries outside of the core game software, and as such rely on in game paint editors to get their skinning kicks in a game.

Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital have produced an updated and more powerful livery editor for GT Sport, giving players a reasonably impressive number of options and features when looking to make their own schemes in the new title. Thanks to PlayStation Access, we can check out the 6 minute plus video of the new feature in action below:

GT Sport will release for PlayStation 4 on October 17th.

GT Sport Livery Editor 2.jpg
GT Sport Livery Editor 3.jpg

You can find the latest news and discussion regarding the Gran Turismo series of games at the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Join in the discussion with your fellow GT fans today!

What do you think of the livery editor in GT Sport? Looking forward to making your own custom designs? Are you happy with the proposed functionality in the new editor? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Will have a lot of talented people do amazing designs. Long overdue for GT players.
It's a great element to have in a racing game and very satisfying to see and share communities efforts. Will likely also enhance photo mode interaction.

Question for me, is will Forza 7 finally have an updated/improved version of its own now long in the tooth livery editor, mmmm mmmm?

Will have a lot of talented people do amazing designs. Long overdue for GT players.
It's a great element to have in a racing game and very satisfying to see and share communities efforts. Will likely also enhance photo mode interaction.

Question for me, is will Forza 7 finally have an updated/improved version of its own now long in the tooth livery editor, mmmm mmmm?

If the PC version supports custom made decals / liveries for the market place, I'm in. I talking about one's I design on Illustrator and Photoshop.

Tell you what, don't make stupid comments.
mod Edit not needed

I mean, the guy is simply stating that he would like this feature in another game as well.
Yes he is.
And the guy that posted below him explained..
Hence, go make your own game...
Above your head?
It was a joke...

You've never done this?
No.
Have you?

So, if there's ever a car you want in a game make sure YOU don't mention it.
Mod Edit: not needed

Tell you what, I will make it easy for you..

Mod Edit: Do not use this kind of language when you return....

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagining you mean Raceroom, apples and oranges. Two totally different business models, with different legal implications limiting what goes and what not.
Imagining you mean Raceroom, apples and oranges. Two totally different business models, with different legal implications limiting what goes and what not.
Actually I was thinking about GTR3. It is one of my life's little pleasures, skinning cars. I hope they give us the ability to do so in GTR3.

Actually I was thinking about GTR3. It is one of my life's little pleasures, skinning cars. I hope they give us the ability to do so in GTR3.
Ah, stupid me. I forgot that SimBin reincarnated from the dead some months ago and indeed work on a new sim of their own (which later will give its gfx engine to Raceroom, they say). I tend to stick to the memory of Raceroom having become what in past years was expected to be GTR3, before the old SimBin studio collapsed and Sector3 too over. My wrong.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back