Chase Game Ideas for LA Canyons

Hi,

Now that we have a new version of LA Canyons and a brand new vehicle with police skins (the Dodge Monaco), I thought it would be convenient to create some rules for chase games.

I'll start with the Blues Brothers Chase Game.

Map: LA Canyons Freeroam (if possible with extra roads for everyone).
Car: Dodge Monaco, one for the Blues Brothers and the rest for the Police (Chicago Police skin).

Course of the game:
The Blues Brothers go in the direction they want and they get a time advantage. Once that time has expired, the Police go after them.​

Win with the Blues Brothers:
Escape the Police without breaking their vehicle or falling into the ravine during the time allowed or with the gasoline allocated.​

Win with the Police:
Stop the Blues Brothers without killing them during the time allowed or with the gasoline allocated.​

Rules :
- Blues Brothers: anything is allowed to escape the Police, even frontal collisions with the risks involved. If their car is completely immobilized by the Police, broken or if they fall into the ravine on their own, the Blues Brothers loses the game.

- Police: they cannot endanger themselves or others. Frontal collisions with other vehicles are prohibited, however pushing other cars is permitted. Guardrails and other road elements can be used to stop the Blues Brothers. Police roadblocks can be used by using the side parts of the vehicle. It is forbidden to push the Blues Brothers into the ravine, if this happens, the Police loses the game.​

Game with limited time (easier with admin):
The duration must be modified according to the number of police officers!
- Few cops: more time to sue the Blues Brothers.
- Lot of cops: less time not to penalize the Blues Brothers.​

Game with limited gasoline (easier without admin):
If gasoline is used, it must be adjusted according to the number of police officers! In all cases, the Blues Brothers must have a gasoline advantage over the Police.
- Few cops: more gasoline to sue the Blues Brothers.
- Lot of cops: less gasoline not to penalize the Blues Brothers.​

It is possible to mix time and gasoline for more complex games. The time allocated can be generous but the gasoline scarce, forcing the Blues Brothers and the Police to hide when possible to save the precious liquid.

Using the map:
The Police can communicate the position of the Blues Brothers once the vehicle is spotted, via text or voice chat only. The Blues Brothers can use the map once they have been spotted.​

Options:
- Respawns: Blues Brothers and cops can be given a variable number of lives in the event of a broken vehicle or a fall in the ravine (works best with time limited games).

- Penalties: ballast can be used to apply a penalty to police officers who caused the death of the Blues Brothers or other cops (admin required).

- Damage: the influence of damage can be modified and made more violent, to encourage police officers to be more cautious.

- Dummies: vehicles identical to the Blues Brothers leave at the same time and will serve as decoy. To determine if they have arrested the Blues Brothers, the cops must stop the car completely, there they will be authorized to display the name of the driver to know if they sued the good vehicle. Dummy cars are free to behave as they wish to give the change. If they're arrested, they're out until the next game. Not very faithful to the movie but could be fun.​

This game requires a little honesty from the players to work (gasoline, map...). If the server admin is present, it can make things easier, to restart the session or to quickly change some settings.

If you have any other chase ideas or suggestions regarding this particular game, feel free to participate (and sorry for the bad english).

Great idea for using my track mate :)
Well done for being the 1st to think to use my track in this way...
As this was always in my thinking when making the 0.5 version :)
That's why there are tons and tons parking areas scattered all over the place.

I might create a Freeroam "Scattered" layout with say 50 - 60 pit boxes scattered all over the map.... With the intention of making the getaway cars.... reach a certain finish gate.

For example:
0 - 9 pit boxes being near the regular starting area...
10 - 19 pit boxes being on the other side of the map... say near the tunnel
20 - 29 being in the middle of the map... up the sideroad on the central mountain.

30 - 39 being back near the regular starting area... and so on....
40 - 49 other side of the map...
50 - 59 middle of the map...

So that a 30ish car server would work, or a 60 car server would also work...
With a list of pit box locations in the layout folder. So people running servers can decide what cars to place where ;)

It all depends if there is enough demand for this... as to whether it's worth me adding this or not.

Been pondering something using zee o' Mad Max car, although not sure how it would work beyond the Interceptors trying to crash out the speeders, lol

20180801165059_1.jpg

Been pondering something using zee o' Mad Max car, although not sure how it would work beyond the Interceptors trying to crash out the speeders, lol

View attachment 262881
Yeah I think it might be easier to implement the Police trying to take out the speeders... to 'bump' them off... and send them back to their starting position :) to have another attempt!

@Mumaransa this should be a great thread to iron out any ideas... concepts... etc...
Well done for starting this topic off! :thumbsup:

Will be uploading v0.55 later today... Fixing a number of things... Quite importantly leaner track maps... But will also be including two new layouts...
new_layouts.jpg

Freeroam - Distant... 60 pit's spread all over the track
pit_box_map-jpg.263198

And Pursuit - 32 pits at the regular start area.... 18 pits at the Hidden Springs Tunnel area...

A text document listing pit pox locations... and the above map will be in the respective layouts folders.. In case specific vehicles work better in certain locations.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back