Changing AI dififculty

Hi all. Probably this issue has been dealt with before but I am experiencing changing AI lap times at the same % AI difficulty. I would run a race at 87% and be very competitive and the next time I load up the game for a race at the same track and same car and same AI difficulty, the AI is 2 seconds quicker. I then have to close and restart the game, the default AI is now 98% and when I adjust it to 87% it works fine. Is this normal? If not. can I do anything about it?

Thanks.

I have raced against AI a hell of a lot. I dont look up laptimes systematically, i usually gauge the AI strength by comparison to my abilities (so this is not an exact science in my case) But I have very consistently had the impression that AI is consistent with a particular car/class of cars at a particular track.

I'm pretty sure that AI strength is different though if you switch from vanilla AC to Content Manager AC and I think there's a difference between Quick Race AI strength and Championship AI strength (not so sure about this one though).

I'd ask same question as onearmedbandit: are you using CM?

Content Manager will vastly improve your game experience, for example through things like improved range of adjustment of ai behaviour (aggression being an important factor often overlooked). Try it out, once you are familiar with it you won't go back. Then consider Custom Shaders Patch and Sol to bring the game up to date in a number of other areas.

Last edited:
'Onearmedbandit' and Billy Pilgram thank you very much, I used Content Manager and so far I have not had the varying AI difficulty issues.

I do have another issue using Content Manager (and Custom Shaders Patch) and that is the brightness and glare have become annoying and I don't know how to turn them down. I have driving mainly at Thruxton so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Glad that helped out. Make sure you have this set to 100.
lighting.jpg

I don't think so, what is a pp filter?

Post processing filter. Since you have now started using Content Manager, every effect has an explanation, if you click on the (I) for information on the right of every setting.
I would recommend using SOL, take your time to install it properly, it will give you graphic quality that "Vanilla AC" cannot even get close to.
It takes a little time and efforts, but it is worth it.

Last edited:
Ok thanks guys for the responses. First AI strength consistency has become more understandable (better) with Content Manager and I am enjoying the racing so far.

I have not installed SOL so that explains why I haven't been able to adjust as I would like. I will look into it but I am still getting used to CM for now.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea