change tire strategy during race

Hello, I am new in AC and I have a question. Is possible to change the tire strategy during the race and not only in setup menu before the race?

For example, I plan my race for 1 pit stop (soft-medium), but in the first quarter of the race I break my front wing and I have to go boxes early, so I decide to change my strategy and put hard tire instead of medium. Can I do that? If yes I don't know how, I can't change anything in the pit menu and crew always put medium tires in the car according to the strategy from setup.

Hello, I am new in AC and I have a question. Is possible to change the tire strategy during the race and not only in setup menu before the race?

For example, I plan my race for 1 pit stop (soft-medium), but in the first quarter of the race I break my front wing and I have to go boxes early, so I decide to change my strategy and put hard tire instead of medium. Can I do that? If yes I don't know how, I can't change anything in the pit menu and crew always put medium tires in the car according to the strategy from setup.
Yup, it's possible, but for some reason it's not very obvious so plenty of drivers struggle to find it.
See this post for some tips (sorry I can't find anything more detailed, but the key thing is to discover it at all - using the arrow keys in my case - and then you can play with it): https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dtm-spa-tuesday-28th-of-march-2017.133421/page-4#post-2435151

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back