Championship results not being saved

A random issue I have experienced intermittently. After a race during a championship, me and all other AI have finished the race, so I quit the race (only option available), only to find that the season doesn't move onto the next race. For some reason, the results and therefore points have not been calculated.
When I click on next race, it takes me back to the previous track, on race day, with me in 15th on the grid (despite previously qualifying higher).

Anyone else suffered this and know of a fix. Only seems to happen 1 in every 6 or so races. Very frustrating.

What does everyone else do after the race has finished, lick quit, or is it that causing the problem?

It happened to me recently, exactly the same: first race not registered,and a random grid when I ran the race again. I think once I clicked 'quit' I quickly pushed the back button to go back to the main screen; so maybe the game did not have time to write down the results of the race (they are stored in a file). I stayed a bit longer the second time and all went fine.
I'm not playing a lot offline so I don't have much experience, it only happened once.

I ran into some problems with championships getting corrupted and races not being saved some time back. I found the rfactor2 log analyzer that is very powerful and incorporates a championship manager. Basically, it provides really nice, detailed compilation of the logs which AMS automatically saves for every session. You can make a championship schedule, run the races in single race mode, and it will track the results. Has several advantages over the built in system, including---much more detailed stat tracking for the championship, customized point systems with overrides, and the ability to take races out of order. It also enables varying the AI strength from race to race, which I find necessary because some tracks are impossibly fast, others too easy.

Here's a link. It's a great tool.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ffline-and-league-championship-manager.48117/

One more thought, too---with your existing championship, I bet the logs are still there, even for your most recent race. You could certainly reconstruct it and use the logs from the previous races in the log analyzer. Even practice sessions which never result in a race are saved.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back