Championship race and AI

I am running an off line Championship using Superv8's and Aussie tracks ( Bathurst, Melbourne and Queensland etc). Races are 40 laps, I've noticed that the AI does not pit for tyres or fuel. Is there away to force the AI to pit during these races. Say like set parameters for the AI to pit between 20-25 laps. Is there a file somewhere that I can alter for this to happen ? Or what is the best race length to make the AI pit wether it be laps or a timed race ? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, it is a bit long winded, but once you have made a list for your favourite drivers, you can copy and paste to gdbs, and easily edit the numbers.

Reiza did actually have the pit strategies in their gdbs in previous game versions, so I'm not sure why they were removed. (if you have SCE, I think many driver names have stayed the same so they could always be copy/pasted from there).

I tried this with AMS but could not get it to work. Tracks I tried it on was Melbourne, Queensland and Winton. Melbourne and Queensland were upgraded to AMS by Patrick and Winton was from CSE also enhanced by Patrick. I followed all your instructions (Keith Windson) by couldn't get it to work which is a shame I really want the AI to make pit stops.

couldn't get it to work which is a shame I really want the AI to make pit stops.
I'm using this in AMS and it definitely works.
If I can help I will.
You need to double check the driver name, and ALL the spaces in your typing. And the brackets. If any of these are wrong it will not work.

Which cars are you using? If you want, I'll make a gdb with some pit strategies in to get you started.

Thanks Keith, i've just tested this by adding the lines below to the gdb of a track and it works ! AI started to pit after the # of laps in the "strategie-lines".. This was using the skinpack by Rob.

PitStopStrategies

{

Chris Pither = 1 - 3
Aaren Russell = 1 - 6
Tim Blanchard = 1 - 8
Andre Heimgartner = 1 - 3
James Moffat = 1 - 6
Tim Slade= 1 - 8
Lee Holdsworth = 1 - 3
Scott Pye = 1 - 5
Nick Percat= 1 - 8
Chaz Mostert = 1 - 6
Fabian Coulthard= 1 - 8
David Reynolds = 1 - 3
Cameron Waters= 1 - 8
Rick Kelly = 1 - 6
Todd Kelly = 1 - 3
Scott McLaughlin= 1 - 8
Michael Caruso = 1 - 6
Jason Bright = 1 - 3
Shane Van Gisbergen= 1 - 8
James Courtney = 1 - 6
Garth Tander = 1 - 3
Mark Winterbottom= 1 - 8
Jamie Whincup = 1 - 3
Craig Lowndes= 1 - 8
Will Davison = 1 - 3

}

I'm using this in AMS and it definitely works.
If I can help I will.
You need to double check the driver name, and ALL the spaces in your typing. And the brackets. If any of these are wrong it will not work.

Which cars are you using? If you want, I'll make a gdb with some pit strategies in to get you started.

I'm using Rob Fitness's V8 supercar skins with the drivers names that PieterN has listed here. Only difference I can see is that I haven't got a space between Pitstopstrategies and }, also no space between 1-3 (1=Pitstop, 3=lap No). This is an example of what I have (Rick Kelly = 2-10,30). Should it look like this, (Rick Kelly = 2 - 10,30). Thanks for the help.

Should it look like this, (Rick Kelly = 2 - 10,30). Thanks for the help.

Yes, that one looks right - you MUST have the spaces exactly the same or it will not work.:

Rick Kelly = 2 - 10,30

Rick KellySPACE=SPACE2SPACE-SPACE10,30

Always spaces round the equals,
always spaces round the number of stops,
always spaces round the hyphen,
but no spaces between lap numbers & commas

Silly I know, but that's how it works.

This is how I set it up for the Queensland track and it worked a treat. Now I need to try it with 2 pit stops.

PitStopStrategies

{

Aaren Russell = 1 - 15
Andre Heimgartner = 1 - 14
Cameron Waters = 1 - 10
Chaz Mostert = 1 - 13
Chris Pither = 1 - 9
Craig lowndes = 1 - 11
David Reynolds = 1 - 25
Fabian Coulthard = 1 - 15
Garth Tander = 1 - 16
Jack Perkins = 1 - 7
James Courtney = 1 - 15
James Moffat = 1 - 14
Jamie Whincup = 1 - 15
Jason Bright = 1 - 11
Lee Holdsworth = 1 - 8
Mark Winterbottom = 1 - 14
Nick Percat = 1 - 15
Rick Kelly = 1 - 11
Scott McLaughlin = 1 - 18
Scott Pye = 1 - 11
Shane Van Gisbergen = 1 - 15
Tim Blanchard = 1 - 14
Tim Slade = 1 - 13
Warren Luff = 1 - 16
Will Davison = 1 - 15
}
}

I haven't used it in a championship season, so I'm...

Hi there? I'm retaking this Tip/tool/option to make races against AI and make they make a mandatory PitStop, I try many times but doesn't work, maybe is by the new AMS version?

I'm trying to make it on Cascavel track, so I have:

Series31
{
Quali=2,3,1,4,5
Race=2,3,1,4,5
}

PitStopStrategies
{
Rubens Barrichello = 1 - 5
Daniel Serra = 1 - 6
}

}
}

This is the example using 2 drivers, but I'm actually using all the Marcas Drivers.

I tested using only 2 } at the end too. But it doesn't work, I tried it using All Cars/All Tracks but nothing.

Anyone is using it on the last AMS version? thank you!

Last edited:
Or you just have to increase fuel usage. AI is gonna pit when they'll be out of fuel. To see the amount of fuel left, wear of tires and other cool stuff, press Control + D while on track. It's gonna show your data, but if you pause and change to any AI car, you will be able to see their data as well.

For instance, for V8 Supercars, I use the following values:

- 30 min race -> Fuel x3
- 20min race -> Fuel x4

I guarantee all AI will perform one pitstop mid-race.

Or you just have to increase fuel usage. AI is gonna pit when they'll be out of fuel. To see the amount of fuel left, wear of tires and other cool stuff, press Control + D while on track. It's gonna show your data, but if you pause and change to any AI car, you will be able to see their data as well.

For instance, for V8 Supercars, I use the following values:

- 30 min race -> Fuel x3
- 20min race -> Fuel x4

I guarantee all AI will perform one pitstop mid-race.

Thank you so much! the Control+D tip works for me and I can use it to calculate the the fuel and tires AI usage, now is just to try diferent setups. :D

Hi there? I'm retaking this Tip/tool/option to make races against AI and make they make a mandatory PitStop, I try many times but doesn't work, maybe is by the new AMS version?

I'm trying to make it on Cascavel track, so I have:

Series31
{
Quali=2,3,1,4,5
Race=2,3,1,4,5
}

PitStopStrategies
{
Rubens Barrichello = 1 - 5
Daniel Serra = 1 - 6
}

}
}

This is the example using 2 drivers, but I'm actually using all the Marcas Drivers.

I tested using only 2 } at the end too. But it doesn't work, I tried it using All Cars/All Tracks but nothing.

Anyone is using it on the last AMS version? thank you!
I thought about this too recently, it works if you use the All cars/All tracks. That is correct. That does work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back