Challenging cars to drive?

What cars (official or mods) are in your opinion the most difficult to drive?

I can say, for instance, the RUF Yellowbird.

Have you find more challenging cars among road or race cars?

Group C (Sauber C9 in particular) are really tough. 1986 F1 cars (Lotus 98T and RSS 1986) too with their insane power that's hard to control. RSS Formula 2000 is hard to keep on the track let alone drive fast, Kunos F2004 is much easier. Modern F1 cars that are crazy fast and require very precise inputs and require mastering a complex hybrid system.

From road cars there's Yellowbird, Ferrari F40. Lamboghini Miura apparently requires some special shifting technique to avoid breaking the gearbox, I can drive any other H-gate car all day without damaging gearbox but in Miura I destroy it in minutes lol.

Last edited:
There are many great cars, so here's just my current personal favorite:
I love the RSS GT1 cars. They drive like a GT3 on steroids and half the aero, no ABS or TC.
If you spend some time with them, you can push them like your usual GT3, but if you dare to brake too hard or floor the throttle too quickly, you'll instantly know, that it's NOT a GT3.

And the sounds are glorious!

Tip: I love the not-Lambo and the not-Saleen. Put the power-diff to the lowest setting and you can drift them quite nicely out of the corners without the instant-spin, which I always encounter with the default settings.

Some fun time with it at LA Canyons with Pure and the BACC NFS Unbound Chase Cam Mod for CSP.
(Yes, it's silly and I sadly forgot to turn off the bass boost before recording.)
The engine sound is a bit weird at first, but becomes very enjoyable when driving yourself.

I'll quote my little nephew, who loves to drive 400+ in forza horizon 5: "I... I don't dare to floor the throttle, it feels so freaking fast!"

Last edited:
Very true what BrightCandle say about the 1960s Legends cars. If you fancy really giving yourself a fright ......

Have a go of the same cars, the '67 GP cars in GPL..

any of the Simdream LM LMP's so touch sensitive to throttle and braking at least for me hard to control.

Since im still stuck in the stone ages with a controller any F1 is just a blooper reel of hilarity.

In all my time playing Assetto, there is only one single car I cannot seem to handle....

Attachments

• bandicam 2024-02-05 08-36-54-263.jpg
    bandicam 2024-02-05 08-36-54-263.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 51
My two votes for the toughest cars (IMO) to drive in AC...

What cars (official or mods) are in your opinion the most difficult to drive?

There are many great cars, so here's just my current personal favorite:

Think he is talking about cars that are very difficult to handle and not your favorite. THE cars you can never succeed a race without crashing or are falling into the psychedelic AC background. :whistling:

BTW mine are the ‘67 Formula 1 and the rear engine Auto Unions preWar Grand Prix car. While keep in your mind I do not drive modern cars.

Last edited:
Think he is talking about cars that are very difficult to handle and not your favorite. THE cars you can never succeed a race without crashing or are falling into the psychedelic AC background. :whistling:

BTW mine are the ‘67 Formula 1 and the rear engine Auto Unions preWar Grand Prix car. While keep in your mind I do not drive modern cars.
Yeah I meant my current favorite of the cars, which I find to be challenging :D
Ofc there are always more challenging cars, but I personally also need them to still be fun to drive.
Otherwise they are "difficult & frustrating" instead of "fun & challenging". But the line between these is very individual.

To quote Grosjean, when I tried the RSS GT1 without putting the power diff setting to minimum:
"I've spun at the pit exit mate!".
Completely uncontrollable when you floor the throttle.

For me, it's fun because I mainly drive GT3 in ACC and these GT1 cars basically behave like a GT3, but with less aero and on the edge of losing control at every braking zone and corner exit :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back