rF2 Caterham Series - Season 2 - Roadsport 140 @ Barber GP - Fri 11th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nowt mud slinging over race one from me,i believe i done enough of that in the server after for Stuarts liking,sorry about that sir :(.

Away with a flourish from 2nd and Ries must have had a stinker for i was clear lead T1,but ofcourse being shadowed closely,then i was passed,i felt at the time it was little bit "wtcc" but probably all fine,kept in the battle fine and attempted little runs here and there but was usually invited to have a taste of the grass for my trouble,eventually got a run and some might say quite similar "wtcc" dive pass,but i was knocked around to face the other way for that,took knocks as well as the pack came whizzing around,terrible place to cause such an accident,but there it was....plodded along with a slightly bent feeling Cat and recovered to 6th?.
Race2 from 2nd place and a good enough start i spose...was just happy following and harrassing Toby with some close to the back bumper stuff,eventually saw enough of a crack appear to have a go and take the lead,as Hermy started to battle with Toby this helped me escape,up to over 2secs at one point!,thats a crazy big gap by Caterham standards but it only needed a couple of scruffy driver moments and Hermy and Toni were on the case for the 3 way battle,but Toni seemed to have us covered tonight and timed everything perfect for a good win,i think Hermy had some "troubles" near the end again though :(,unlucky mate,going great with superb race pace again tonight,as were many others,but mainly due to your setup again ;).

Thanks Stuart & RD and another apology for some....."emotions"... :/

Sadly no magic secrets for you Lingo m8,its just all about getting those laps under your belt,try and get in the server the night before evento?,or even around 7'ish our time and you can often find me and Hermy doing a few,nowt better than following and chasing a few laps,thats my main form of schoolin from faster beings ;).

Thanks Gary. I did plenty of practice for this, which is why I qualified well. I guess I just panic when other drivers are around me, then try to overdrive the car. :( More practice I guess. I will try to join earlier to get some praccy though.

Well, i've had better nights of racing that's for sure! Very little practise on a track i didn't know is a bad combination!

Qualified way better than i anticipated, but ruined my race before it started by jumping the start, and had to do a drive-through. So, i had some good racing trying to catch the pack but then had a '2 into 1' moment (with Paul i think) at the final chicane which didn't quite work out, and we both spun. Struggled home in 12th or 13th after a late spin.

Procured a new setup for race 2 which instantly felt much better, but fluffed my qualie run and started further down the pack. At the start, held station until T1 when a rolling Jeffrey distracted my attention somewhat! Made it through in one piece only to be side-swiped by someone going too fast into T2. Managed to steer out of a barrel-roll, but spun when the car landed on the tarmac. Rejoined 14th. Set to clawing back the gap to the pack ahead, and had some little skirmishes with Ron, Hans, Jeffrey, Ben (and others) along the way, until i hit the dreaded tyre bail in the 1st chicane, damaged the car and undid all my hard work. However, got lucky and finished 9th.

This was my first event as member of the TEAM GOOD LOOKIN and the first Caterham event also, they seem to be the perfect car for the TGL's strategy of cruising with one arm out the window, waving at the pretty ladies.

In the first race I think TGL grab a lot female supporters watching those epic fights that we got into, I’m still ear them screaming. I also must say that was very fair fights, can’t complaint from anyone, hope they can say the same about me.

Second one, made a mistake at qualify, a pretty lady waving at the last corner make me lost my concentration and I made a spin, so start at the back.

But just grab a good setup, thanks Stuart, I will send you one of the TGL spare ladies, we manage to do a solid race and finish in 7th place, with Mr. Simmons always on my tail, don’t letting me to pay much attention to the fans this time.

Had a great start in race 1, from 4th to second by the first corner, shadowed Gary and then dived up the inside for the turn 4 right hander - I was alongside and the ensuing contact meant Gary lost the place and I was first. Sorry mate thought you would have seen me to be honest. Then I defended like crazy, always making one move, keeping tight lines on the corners and hugging the apexes, slightly delaying the throttle so that people couldn't undercut me. It really works well until someone has had enough and punts you off, which is what happened at turn three a few laps later - Ries comes piling in and knocks me into Gary, which spins us all round. Sorry about that Gary, but not a lot I could do.

Damaged my car then but defended some more from Toni who eventually got by. Then it was a case of catch the pigeon - I reeled in the Ries/Toni battle, and had a good dice with Toni trying to find a way by, and when I did trying to defend, although there was more contact whilst defending, particularly in the braking zones. In the end though I got pushed into the barriers so I dropped right back into Stu. He drafted me and dived down the inside into the fast second chicane, then understeered into me. There was some contact and he span - I waited for him thinking it was my fault for turning in (the same as earlier with Gary except a left hander rather than right), but he slowed right on the line to let me through again - a true gentleman although I honestly believe I was more at fault for that spin of his. Still, I wasn't going to slow and have a slow race to the line, because we obviously would never have made it and finished last and last but one trying to be polite. :p

Suddenly, after the race everyone goes mental. Not the sort of behaviour I like to see, those comments, some aimed at me for reasons I don't understand. Anyway, we shall ignore that for now.

Race 2, I qualified on pole with my best lap so far. Great start again (I love the G25's clutch!), then after some serious defending, Gary got me back for the earlier incident, although I switched back a couple times (passed him in the same way as race 1, and he still turned in with me alongside, so more contact - sorry mate!), he eventually escaped with Toni in tow. Then I messed up and allowed Michael by, so I had to chase him down. I saw the gap coming down down down - 3.9, 3.7, 3.4, 3.0, 2.8, 2.4, 1.8... 5 mins to go!! 1.6, 1.3 and then he span. Really gutted by that, I was worrying about how to get by him, but I knew he was a fair racer from Interlagos, so I am sorry to see him spin.

Two podiums then - not bad but I had the pace to win both races. Still, top fun, and thanks to Stu for organising. Let's hope the aggression is toned down a bit for next time, I think.

Well i've got to say i was really disappointed with last night. I'd had the track for a few days and done plenty of practice, times were good enough, practice on the night went fine.....and then some people are leaving their brains in the pit for race time.....
Made a decent start, tapped Stu slightly in T1 but backed off to make sure the position wasn't gained illegally then got by into the hairpin (wahey!), got to the double-right and he was alongside, we touched and i'm spinning....i can live with that, 2-into-1 and i was on the outside and all that, but then i got punted into a roll....a roll for goodness sakes! Got going again, passed a few cars having moments, nearly got collected by Tim as he recovered from a moment so backed off through the first chicane which ended up with Sergio alongside for the second chicane....i had the line, he didn't yield and i'm spinning again.
Got going again, caught cars again, got to the same chicane again and got punted off again by a car who wouldn't accept that sometimes a pass isn't worth trying.....i lost heart and quit out.
In a way it's good to hear that others had the same experiences that i did, but only from the perspective that it means i'm not paranoid :| . The quality of racing last night was poor and it's only a pity that such a good formula is being tarnished by really poor driving standards. This race was announced over a week prior to race night......how people can turn up on the night for a race having never tried the track before baffles me.....

Gutted......wrighty

i didn't say we did touch :) i was a little disappointed that i was left with the 'spin or crash' choice but hey ho that's racing.....i just have a different perspective on the 'club racing' thing i suppose.

Final standings for this season below.

After last Friday's shenanigans, I'm debating whether it's worth doing another season or a League, tbh.:frown: If it's going to get like this when points are on offer, I have to question whether it's worth my time.

Anyway:
26111d1276524029-caterham-series-season-2-roadsport-140-barber-gp-fri-11th-june-standings.jpg

Attachments

• standings.jpg
    standings.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 233
Stuart a few things that's comes to mind, the mini league was setup I think for the regular drivers that also race in the club events.

There are always guys you only see when there are points to win an not driving in the club events.
I have no problems with that under one condition; sign up from the beginning of the league an not stepping in after 2 or 3 races.
Because this will give a false image of the competition, if you will allow it that people step in later then don't let them share in the points.

About the race , I did not see any of the problems (racing in midfield or at the back) only on the chat I noticed that things not going well.
I did have a great race evening again,with good fights an regular slipofs ,I think that is why we are racing:)

Stuart I think you do a great job to organise these events an it is certainly word your effort an time you put in,because it is highly appreciated by all the
"regular drivers" I hope I may say so.

Greets ,Hans
(this are my thoughts only)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play