rF2 Caterham Series - Season 1 - Classic Class @ AF RF1 - Fri 2nd April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
A nice introduction for a Cat virgin.
Enjoyed that but well off the pace - I really need to master the Cat powerslide for next time.
Finished 7th & 8th which was about right for the pace i was running.
Good 2nd race with Viljar & Ron keeping it keen.

Thanks Stu as always.

Business as usual really in the Cats i.e. nose to tail passing and battling for 25mins each race,a little accidental "bump-off" put me out the race one running a bit,but still it was a genuine 3way fight to the line.
Same deal race two,early 2way break-away by me and Katsu soon to be joined by Thommo and another constant harrass and parry fight to the line,quite pleased with a couple of 3rd places off the back of those kind of races.
Grats Katsu and Thommo and well done everyone.

Thanks Stuart & RD

Here's what that's done to the standings...

standings.gif

Well that was a great nights racing for me :cool:

Race 1 : it was a constant battle with Gary, to bad we made contact. Don't know what exactly happened but it did put me off a little bit. We where so close most of the time. It was quite funny to let one pass, only to get him back the next lap on the straight :) Will check the replay tomorrow to see what exactly happened.

Race 2 : business as usual, battling with Gary :) After a couple laps of switching positions. I could get a small gap, after that he was battling with Stuart with gave me some breathing room. Managed to keep the small gap till the end :eek:

What I could see is that Stuart was the fastest man on the track tonight :wink:

Great racing guys, see you next race.

another sweet evenibng of racing, i had proper time for practice this week and had found the speed to follow the fast guys.

Race 1, i qualy 5 or 6 and manage to go to 4th from start but makes some stupid mistakes (one is almost proned to say as usual) which leaves me far down, i end up 9

Race 2. i get a really good qual, admitted Gary's showing the way helped alot, it wasnt as much the drag effect but more me seeing the right line through the track, there were a few corners i didnt took as fast as it could be.

i get a good start in race and snatch p2 and felt comfy and was building up speed. I was then a "bit" overambitious trying to take Gary on the outside in T1, i almost made it past but then i got afraid of hitting him when pulling in to the line, that left me with a ultra wide line that took me to the wall. I lost a few spots but gained them back later in tjhe race.

Was a bit annoyed after that move, since i had the speed to hang on and in some corners i was a tad faster. But as always overall it was huge fun, and the gab to the frontrunners have been made a tiny bit smaller

thx for some good racing cya all next Friday :drink:

A bit strange to night, on the starting grid the cars in front of me disappear and appear a few times, in the race same thing happens with cars in front of me, the question is ,is it only me? an are the probs on my site or is there another explanation:confused:

Race 1, started on 10 place an fin. on 10 place not much to tell simply not fast enough.

Race 2, had a better? setup more loose ,could turn in a bit faster an was a second faster then in race 1,starting on pl. 8 but the leg probs give me some offs trying to avoid cars the eppear right in front of me, after that I did some offs on my own an fin. on place 10 again.

All an All it is still nice with the Cats,I love these cars looking forward to the next one,

Thanks Stuart ,and fellow racers.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back