Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyercats.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CAT
Class: Caterham RS140
Track: Eastern Creek Laser

Practice 1 start time: GMT 19.00 (20 min)
Qualification 1 start time: GMT 19.20 (10 min, 3 lap limit)
Warm-up 1 start time: GMT 19.30 (5 min)
Race 1 start time: GMT 19.35 (25 min)
---------------------------------------------------------
Practice 2 start time: GMT 20.00 (5 min)
Qualification 2 start time: GMT 20.05 (N/A - top 6 from race 1 will be reversed on the Grid)
Warm-up 2 start time: GMT 20.05 (5 min)
Race 1 start time: GMT 20.10 (25 min)

Upgrades: All allowed. The upgrades to this car make significant differences - Way more than the Classic or Academy versions. Make sure you have upgraded your car - especially the tyres.

Note1: You must apply to myself or Bob Hutchins for the password for this mod once you have signed up for the event. The password will NOT be given out on spec.
Note2: All drivers who didn't drive the recent Watkins Glen event and who have the previous version of this mod installed should download and install this version, applying for the new password on sign up.
Note3: There are not many skins for the RS140 (ie just the 1), so we will be using this skinpack. Just drop the contents into your rFactor\Gamedata\Vehicles\Caterham\Roadsport\skins folder, and select on the "skins" tab of the vehicle chooser.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]80[/signuplist]

Just signed out because just had a phone call to say we are due for visitors. If I can't get rid off them in time I won't make it but if I can I will pop in for a run.

Oh man, what a great fun track and with these cars it was brilliant. Had 2 very good race but in both of them made a small mistake on the penultimate lap which denied me a win in both cases. So I have to say very well done to Ross who drove really well in both races but race 1 was just out there lap after lap. Also wd to Tim who took a second place in race 2 with also some good laps times.

Last but not least thanks to Thommo for putting this together, thumbs up mate, & thanks to all that showed up tonight.

Awesome tonight :good::D

Race 1: The missus came home from work late, so after chatting with her for a few minutes, when I got back to the pc it was quali time. Somehow got 3rd even though I forgot to put on my setup:rolleyes:. Messed up the start, but managed to get back past David, only to outbreak my self into T2. Rejoined in last position, but set about making my way through the field again. Had a great duel with Jack again until he went wide on the 2nd-to-last corner, then past David as he ran out of fuel. Started to catch Evan, but too late. 4th or 5th

Race 2: Q3 again, but a much better time. Got a good start and managed to keep up with Bob & Ross (hmmm, I feel there's a painting in there lol). I had a fight with Ross for a while, and even managed a 1:45.8 lap, but I started trying too hard, kept missing apex's and started dropping back around halfway. By then Thommo was in 4th but about 10 secs behind, so I was just trying to be consistent and keep the gap between us. At the end of lap 13, Bob spun on the concrete out of the last corner, and to make it worse he stalled the car. I zipped past him into 2nd, then spent 2 laps trying desperately not to panic and to keep focused. Crossed the line in 2nd place for my 2nd ever podium! Where's the champers?? :cool::D:tongue:

Watching the replay, I could see I was breaking just a little too early into T2 which allowed Bob and Ross to escape, but tbh, I don't care lol.

Thanks Thommo for a fantastic car & track combo. Nice one :good:

**EDIT** Just realised that with Tuesday's GTL races, this had been my best ever set of events!! I think some of that is definitely down to Obi Wan Hutchobi's advice to reduce my steering lock :)

I enjoyed driving the RS140's more than any of the other Cats up until this point, and Eastern Creek was a perfect circuit for them to be let loose upon.
In race 1 myself and Bob made a break and duked it out for almost the entirety of the distance, but he made a mistake under heavy braking and this let me get away. (finished the race at 25mins and 1s!)
In race 2, after a stonking qualie lap, Bob led the way again into turn 1, and pulled away slightly as myself and Tim battled away, with Tim putting in some very quick lap times initially. After a few laps i managed to get ahead and reeled Bob back in where we started where we left off in race 1. However, while exiting the final turn behind me, i see Bob spin off across to the inside of the track and this takes a lot of pressure off heading onto the final lap. Two great races again with Bob, and also with Tim in race 2. Congrats on the podium!

Big thanks Thommo for setting this one up, possibly this and the RS 165 are the best Cats in my opinion. Fun to drive, and easy to run close together. Hope there's more on the way! Thanks to all who attended

I really do like the way these cars drive. A refreshing change.

Race 1. I remember chasing and then holding off Tim for a while but eventually he got by again because he was faster I was just trying to defend position anyway and near the end I slipped into the sand for a few donuts and I was alone for the rest of the event but I could see Hans trying to close the gap right to the end.

Race 2. Poor start off the line and had to fight hard to catch Hans. Finally passed him on turn 2 but he slipped off track when I went inside so I waited for him just in case my error. Tommo slipped through and we all continued. Hans must of went off somewhere later??? and I ended up trying to catch and get by Stu for several laps but no way baby. I finally made a slip and got stuck in the sand ( same spot as in race 1) for 1:30 min. Came back on as Tim was lapping me with Bob spinning on track in front so I let Bob through when he got going again. Up until my sandtrap I was doing OK.
Still need to get use to getting on track for race start ... late both times.

Wd podiums ...Tim:cool: and thanks to Stu for going this way and cheers to all drivers. Thanks to Tim and Bob for help.

Just two words for this :BIG FUN !!

Run race one with out FFB very strange feeling with the Cats less control, but fin 6 .

Race two it was back again had a good race run on p4 fore a while than I saw Stu in my mirror closing fast an get my slipstream an flying by try to get on his tail an lost it, Jack on my tail go wide on t2 an lost it, not your doing Jack! but thanks for waiting so we could go on until a slip of an lost contact,only to find Jack in the sand trap an fin. p5.

Thanks Stuart great evening again , Grats Podium an Tim for a nice second place:cool: (could not found Champagne lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back