AC Caterham 420 R Race @ Zandvoort - Weds 29th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I tend to think the +toe aids in midturn grip, in other words, it helps maximize your apex speed. More toe = more grip in the corner. As with all things there is a balance to be found because you are right, more toe does make the front end feel lazy on turn in, and theoretically, will cost you some straightline speed. But I find its quicker to scrub the tires a bit on turn in, so I can be set up to hit the apex properly and carry the most amount of speed through the corner.

The car understeers because the rear has more grip than the front. Anything you can do to increase grip in the front and lessen it in the rear will help lessen the understeer. That's why I increased the toe in the front. Feel free to experiment with more toe if you need more grip. Even with the increased toe, the rear still had too much grip which is why I lowered the diff to min.

I tend to think the +toe aids in midturn grip, in other words, it helps maximize your apex speed. More toe = more grip in the corner. As with all things there is a balance to be found because you are right, more toe does make the front end feel lazy on turn in, and theoretically, will cost you some straightline speed. But I find its quicker to scrub the tires a bit on turn in, so I can be set up to hit the apex properly and carry the most amount of speed through the corner.

The car understeers because the rear has more grip than the front. Anything you can do to increase grip in the front and lessen it in the rear will help lessen the understeer. That's why I increased the toe in the front. Feel free to experiment with more toe if you need more grip. Even with the increased toe, the rear still had too much grip which is why I lowered the diff to min.
Huge thanks for these tips Jason, really appreciated buddy :thumbsup:

Cheers, yep will give it a go later when I get my PC and VR headset back from the kids playing Beat Saber :roflmao:

Hoping to join this one @Medilloni please count me in as reserve. Will you guys be on discord or TS?
Welcome Kerem, hope you can make it buddy :thumbsup:

As Scott says, we're using TS, rather than the discombobulated, disjointed, disappointing, disorientated, disintegration and general dissatisfaction with Discord:p

I'll give this one a go, will try out the car in the morning.
Magic! Glad to see see you Matt:)

Please don't forget there's a setup in the original post (if it's of any use!), and @pretend racer Jason's improvements/suggestions to it.

Link to 36 pit mod for practice server-

Link to 36 pit mod for practice server-
Thanks Brian, admin had been discussing this, problem is it isn't in my acServerManager.exe but there isn't a 36 grid slot option in my own game - though the guys have talked me through how to set it up if we get a lot more signups.

Thanks Brian, admin had been discussing this, problem is it isn't in my acServerManager.exe but there isn't a 36 grid slot option in my own game - though the guys have talked me through how to set it up if we get a lot more signups.

Opps sorry I clicked on the test server instead of the practice server and thought you forgot the link in post 1 :whistling:

I'm still mightily confused about what to do with the toe.
Just to be certain what you mean here Jason, are you saying +toe on the slider, or +toe on the live readout? (See pic.)

I have been experimenting with negative live toe, but I tried positive and to my surprise I was just as quick... (The test with positive toe had -2 on the slider, and +0.05 ish on the live readout.)

1595979950070.png

D529D9F8D7D603F3F57E69106BE3BD0EF4FD5EC8

I meant that you should move the slider to the right 5 clicks. My interpretation of the pop up info is that "negative toe gives less midturn grip, instability under braking, and faster turn in". I want the opposite of that so I just slide the slider to the right (+toe) till my laptimes stop getting faster.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back